scp

Almost ready to buy my first rig, can I order it directly from the manufacturer or exclusively through a dealer? Vector 3 M- Series

Hey guys this is my first time buying a rig so I don't know how it goes, I'm from Europe, I want to buy a Micron:

Can I order it directly from UPT?:o

I travel to the US a lot because I have family in Florida, I would like UPT to contact me when my rig is finished because I want to pick it up right there in DeLand, Is it ok?

How does the payment work? half now and half when I pick it up, or do I pay full right after I order it?

I even did a full drawn design of how I want my rig configured, can I email it to UPT along with the standard order forms to make sure there are no misunderstandings? (i.e I want an articulated harness and they make it non-articulated) In case something like that happens how is it solved? does UPT correct it for free?:S

Now talking about canopies, UPT and PD work shoulder against shoulder right? or do I have to order my container from UPT and separately also contact with PD to tell them the canopy I want?

Please forgive me if these sound like dumb ass questions but like I said, it's my first time (BEER Yoohoo!)

Someone enlighten me please[:/]

Hi,
You can order direct from the company however you actually get a better deal (Most of the time) going through a dealer such as para-gear or square one etc.. I have bought 2 rigs over the last few years and both times it was cheaper going through a dealer than straight to the company. Seems strange but that is what the deal is. If you go with a dealer, they can add all canopies, AAD, and anything else you want. Last rig I bought, I got it from Sonic at the Ranch Pro Shop and he gave me a great deal and it came to me fully assembled and ready to jump. Hope this helps. Stay safe and Blue Skies!!

I can totally recommend square1.

BTW wether your gear is immediately ready to jump if you order a complete rig depends on which country you're from, you may very wel need it to pass a check+repack by a rigger from your own country before you're allowed to jump it.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

A few things that came to mind reading your post...

Why are you thinking of getting a Micron? The largest Micron container fits 120sf canopies and smaller. A 120sf canopy is a very aggressive choice for a first canopy by almost any standard. I think you're more likely looking for a Vector 3 M-Series if anything.

Why are you considering new for your first rig? There's a lot of good reasons to consider a used rig for your first purchase. The instructors and/or riggers at your local dropzone should be able to help you find something appropriate. Do a search. Buying new vs used for your first rig has been discussed on here a bunch of times before.

Other than that, if you really are going to buy new, go through a dealer like everyone else already said. I'm sure that they could arrange a pick-up from somewhere if that's what you really want, but ask the dealer. Alternatively, they could ship it to your family in Florida.

Why are you thinking of getting a Micron? The largest Micron container fits 120sf canopies and smaller.

I was thinking the same thing. The thing is that what you are saying is not true. Micron 310 holds a 150. You can fit a 170 in it but its tight. The problem is the reserve. Its a 143. So if you have a problem you might just have more problems. To the OP talk to your rigger and Instructors at your home DZ they we let you know whats good for you. I would buy used for your first. You probably wont be jumping it all that long. Good luck
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

My bad, I think my head is in another place today, I meant an M Series rig, Spectre 150 and PD Reserve 160, I'm jumping a 170 rented right now, I want to buy new because of the Dollar/Euro conversion thing, very cheap to buy now in the US so I may aswell buy new.

Also I don't like at all jumping rented gear, just going to the manifest paying for the load and putting a new rig on everytime stresses me out too much, the DZ doesn't let jumpers pack their rented gear so I don't like that either, jumping a rig you don't even know who packed it, jeeez

Order from Square 1 or Sunshine Factory. They will double check your order, give you a decent price, and educate you.

The manufactures always sell at full retail, unless you got an "in". The dealers can sell for less than retail by adding perks, etc.

Yes Square One is good, but I would also ask a couple of East Coast/Florida dealers to quote on your purchase.
Try calling Aero Store, Sunshine Factory, etc.

Or the Skydive store Art always gives good dealsB|
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

Why are you thinking of getting a Micron? The largest Micron container fits 120sf canopies and smaller. A 120sf canopy is a very aggressive choice for a first canopy by almost any standard. I think you're more likely looking for a Vector 3 M-Series if anything.

Not true Brett, I have a 308 whish is a Micro and it takes `135, (and the 310 takes a 150 too) although the rest of your post is valid:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

We usually reccomend getting a new container and a used main for your first rig. Having a container fit properly is a wonderful thing. Doing video I've had to borrow other peoples rigs for back to back loads. I hated the 150 Stilleto when it was in a rig for a guy 6 inches taller than me, loved the same canopy when it was in my own rig. You probably won't keep your first main for very long so go used if you can find one.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

True, however with the current usd-eur thing a used spectre 150 may very well cost the same as a new one if you go to the states anyway. I bought a spectre 150 for my first canopy 6 years ago and it cost me the same as a good 2nd hand one, and I paid shipping, taxes and import duties too... And now the dollar has plummeted it only gets better for us. So yeah, in this case, I'd go for a new main too, esp one that will resell for as much as he will have paid for it :)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

If you will be in Deland, try Skydive Deland and see what kind of a deal they will give you. The factory is there too, so any problems could be fixed on the spot.

Coming from the man himself. Can't argue with this advice.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

We do not deal direct. You will have to order your container through a dealer.

All of our dealers are also PD Sub Dealers through us. so we can sell the canopies too.

If you are unsure about your order form and want me to take a look at it before you send it in offically you can Email it to me at [email protected] and I can make sure everything is OK. I'm also available by phone at 386-736-7589. Call if you have any questions.

Mark Klingelhoefer
Sales
United Parachute Technologies

As a careful business man i always shop for best value and this, is not always the best price.

At the Ranch PRO Shop I get both. This is why I have just purchased two new Rigs from them.

Getting the rig you need, which isn't always the one you would have ordered is what any reputable shop facilitates.
The Ranch PRO Shop goes well beyond this -- they take care of you and everything else!

The personalized service and expertise as well as the price is what creates the unique value of your dealer.

Choose your dealer wisely