Tonto

List your guns.. For academic use only

It is nice that I live in a state where I can carry a mine with me everywhere I go, within reason. That being said ...

Rifles:
Marlin .22
Rugger M-77 (30.06)

Pistols:
Glock 27 .40 (daily carry gun)
Kimber 1911 .45
Ruger P94 .40

Have Rig will travel ...

- Glock 19 (will be getting Trijicon sights soon)
- Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 ga.
- Ruger 10/22 w/scope
- Ak-47, Romanian WASR 10 (accepts hi-caps)

Need to buy:
-Walther PPK
-Another 870
-Rock River Arms AR-15
this list goes on and on....
----------------------------------------
....so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Like pretty much everyone else here:
1. Remington 870 express 12 gauge
2. Ruger 22/45 mark II semi-auto pistol

But I haven't seen my favorite on here yet, looks like so far I'm the only one:
3. Marlin 1895G .45-70 lever action.
Man I love this gun, it just costs a crapload to shoot.

2 Arasaka's Japanese bolt action rifles from WWII. One the infantry issue 7.62 x 54 and the other the paratrooper model 7.62 x 39 (much shorter)

Those calibers don't match those rifles. The first Arisakas came in 6.5 mm, and when the Japs found out in WWII that wasn't enough power to knock down a U.S. Marine, they went up to 7.5 mm.

Yeah, i don't tout to know much about those 2 guns. I showed them to a shop owner that had a firing pin for one of them, and he told me the calibers. Glad i didn't try to shoot it.:S

Those other calibers probably wouldn't have fit in the chamber, and thus the bolt wouldn't have closed and you wouldn't have been able to shoot it.

The Arisaka is reputed to have one of the strongest receivers ever built. There was a guy named Hatcher that did some experiments with them, intentionally loading oversized bullets to see what it would take to blow one up. To his surprise, the oversized bullets were just squished down into the barrel into long skinny lead, and were fired out the front somewhat normally, without blowing up the gun.

I can speak from personal experience that you can make .308 fit into a .30-06 M1 Garand, and it fires and shoots. I accidentally did it once. Fortunately for me, the bullet diameters are identical - the only oddity was that the shorter .308 case caused the bullet to make a big jump across open space before hitting the rifling.

Attached photo:
1) .30-06
2) .308
3) .308 case fire-formed to fit a .30-06 chamber

Eek! It's a new wildcat cartridge I'll call the .308-06!

just a few for shooting pleasure

remington 870 20 gauge rifled slug barrell
sks 7.62x39 Chinese
marlin .22
ithaca 20 gauge supersingle
cva .54 cal muzzleloader
cva .50 cal muzzleloader
cva .45 cal muzzleloader
1894 springfield .45-70 breechlock
laurona 20 gauge sidebyside shotgun
bryco .380 pistol
.44 redhawk

just fun

Whoops! Did that hurt the rifling lans? When I reload for my 7mm-08, I usually press the bullet just 2 thousands off the lans. I loaded a box one day and headed for the range. I was loading to cross the 3k fps barrier, and after the first round, I knew someting was wrong. I pulled the fired shell out and boy howdy, did I have some serious primer flow. It actually transferred the machining marks from the back of the bolt to the face of the shell case, erasing all the factory stampings.:o

Needless to say, i stopped shooting and rechecked everything. The bullets were not seated all the way for some reason. I didn't check the setting before seating, as I didn't every change that. I should have, as the increased load mixed with that oops coulda killed my gun.

I did however load a round that did cross the 3k mark, but it lost its accuracy. I actually blew up a couple of those ballistic tip 120 Varmit bullets with the really thin jacket and soft core. It was like little holes all over the target.:D

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

Beretta 92FS (9mm)
Glock 22 (40 cal.)
But I really want to get a Kimber 1911. Dont know which one specifically- I shot one at a range one time, and grouped 5 shots in less than 1/2" )essentially one hole- just a larger diameter than the bullet).

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.