FreeflyIndian

Any comments on the latest ZP.EXE mains?

We have a few as student mains, I jumped a 220 once and I liked it overall, sort of like an original sabre. Not sure if i'd buy one as a more experienced jumper though, unless it's cheap and you're not looking for much performance. Might make a good wingsuit main :)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

We here at Skydive Wissota, have one 235, two 185s, 1 170, and a 150. the 235 is in a student Sweethog, while the 185s and the 170 are in new (07,08)Infinity containers. The 150 is in a bag on risers for a quick change. This along with a Vector with a Silhouette 190, completes our student transition fleet. I did all the set up on these rigs, including jumping them to determine proper brake settings. The EXEs had nothing but good openings, and flew much like an older Sabre. They are not hot rod canopies but they are not ment to be. the turn rate is just fine for all but those people who want super fast. The flare is powerful. The canopies have done nothing but good things for us. No one has complained. Good canopy in my opinion. Just what you need to start on the long road ahead.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

I've got a few more jumps on those ZP EXE's at Wissota than L.O. has. I haven't jumped an original Sabre but the vast majority of my jumps have been on Silhouettes. I've jumped all four sizes we have (235, 185, 170 and 150). They open beautifully (dare I say better than my Silhouette), and fly pretty similiar to a Silhouette. I would say that the ZP EXE's are a tiny smudge bit more docile than a Silhouette. You'll get plenty of flare at the end. It is by far not anything near a hot rod of a canopy but are great for student transitioning or for an experienced jumper taking a more concervative approach to canopy flight.

Do the new ones still pack like a dream?

I've packed my friend's (older) 155 a couple of times and it's by far the easiest canopy to pack I have ever touched.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

For a new canopy...yes, they pack like a dream. We just got a brand, spanking new one about a month ago. We had a guy with about 50 jumps struggling slightly to get it in the bag but he did it. I wouldn't say it was easy for me, but it wasn't bad at all.