BillyVance

How much are you paying for your reserve repacks?

Here the going rate is $50-$65. I am biased but I do believe that $65 is a more than fair rate - especially if the rigger takes the time to do a proper inspection and repack.

For the packjob, bulk distribution is lower on the list of priorities than placement of the components. In other words the lines should be all neatly placed. If you do take it to your friend for a re-do then he should open it in front of you.

If you care to delve further into determining if it was a safe pack job then carefully remove it from the d-bag and ensure all the linesets are together and neat. Open the s-fold and see if the nose is neatly laid there and ready to present itself to the air. Make sure the slider is placed orderly against the grommets.

These are all going to be larger factors in how orderly and reliably it opens as compared to wrinkles and small bulges.

I'm a newbie but some of my practise pack jobs came out lumpy - they were massaged into place and when they were opened and inspected all of the important components were in the right places.

-Michael

its $20 in gas just to get there and back. sheesh!

And you wonder why the riggers are charging more for the work they do, we have to drive to ya know.

I know that. I was simply stating that I am looking for a rigger neaqrby, so as to not have to spend so much in petrol.

I hear ya... (pun unintended) I'm lucky my rigger lives only 10 miles away down the interstate. Sometimes she'll just tell me to meet her at the airport between us. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

rub it in why don't ya!

Ok, I just go to closet, open door & get riggers kit, move one small table & chair & start the repack, once done, seal & stamp card, no drive anywhere.:P

Reserve parachute 800.00
Repack cost in 75.00 (it gone up)
New 2007 Honda odssey 30,000
gallon of fuel 3.45
Having own riggers ticket Priceless
:);)
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Well, I'm my own rigger and plenty busy with rigging from the Dropzone - I charge $45, the other guy in town charges $45, and I think over in KC We have a few that are $65.

Personally, I like doing my own Rig Because I like to make my Racer look nice, clean, and sharp. It's not rocket surgery, but before I got my rigging license every now and again I'd get one of my rigs repacked and I was never content...
=========Shaun ==========

The standard around the central US is $40-$50. My rigger charges $50 and it's fine by me. I have ridden two of his packjobs and can still post so I am pretty happy!! If the cost goes up when the re-pack cycle goes to 180 days, I will pay it without griping. My rigger does more than just the repack, new seal and an entry on the reserve data card. It also entails a full inspection of the rig. Every year or so I have him give the rig a bath and I don't mind paying extra for that either.

He has asked for one indulgence that I will provide. He has asked that we stop calling him a rigger and start calling him a "Nylon-American"!!!;)

>Having a felt tip pen and being able to forge your riggers signature Priceless

Y'know, if you're going to be the lazy guy who doesn't want to pay for repacks AND doesn't want to get his ticket, at least get a blank data card, put your OWN name and SS# on it and use that. That way it will be crystal clear what happened if you go in, and some rigger won't have to spend two months explaining that he's 100% sure you forged his name.

Yea that would look kind of funny next to the stamp of my sig, and would be very clear your forged it to any manifest with half a brain, or the FAA on a ramp check and that is the main reason I choose to use a signature stamp and not just sign my name.;)

Y'know, if you're going to be the lazy guy who doesn't want to pay for repacks AND doesn't want to get his ticket, at least get a blank data card, put your OWN name and SS# on it and use that. That way it will be crystal clear what happened if you go in, and some rigger won't have to spend two months explaining that he's 100% sure you forged his name.

Geez it was just a joke! :P

Ok, I just go to closet, open door & get riggers kit, move one small table & chair & start the repack, once done, seal & stamp card, no drive anywhere.

Eh, that's way too much effort. I just say "honey, my reserve is out of date" and somehow, it magically gets repacked.

Having a master rigger significant other? Priceless :ph34r:

Yea I hear the same thing and still have to "go to closet, open door & get riggers kit, move one small table & chair & start the repack, once done, seal & stamp card, no drive anywhere".:| Funny how that works.:)

usually its around 75$, this time, i had to use another rigger as mine was out of state. 150$!!! biggest, fucking rip-off from the most expensive dropzone around.

uhm, we have a 365 days repack-cycle.. :D

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Why would he go in? His rigger originally did a good job, right? ...just not recently.B| His overdue pack job should be just as good as his rigger's own personal overdue pack job. ;)

Well I pay mine $100 U.S. everytime. I figure the cost of a few jump tickets is a small price to pay.

3 years in sport; 12 standard repacks --$1200, 3 reserve rides -- $300 plus bottles ;) , being alive to kiss my kids goodnight -- PRICELESS

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

The last repack I paid for (I'm in the process of getting my ticket but was at a different dz) was in Perris, CA this past february, and it was downright SHIT.... It looked terrible, was uncomfortable to wear and when I repacked it myself 2 wks later I found that the cutaway cable hadn't even been cleaned.... makes me wonder what else wasn't done....

Oh, and I paid $70 +tax for the repack.

I found that the cutaway cable hadn't even been cleaned....

That's an extra 5 bucks dude. And besides that all that dust and crap in the air in SOcal & PVA and you expect your rig to be clean two weeks later.....:S:P

On 2 seperate occasions I caught guys that had forged my signature because they were at a boogy and out of date. I charged them double because obviously I had forgotten to charge them for the last pack job. Never saw them again. We used to do the same thing if they jumped the rig out of date and we caught them.
GUNFIRE, The sound of Freedom!