BillyVance

How much are you paying for your reserve repacks?

Hello,
Here, 150 US $ per year for inspection ( complete systems ) + reserve repacks . My rigger knows Jump-shack very well ;) , is a rigger instructor and the president of the French base association so YES the job is done really really well !
BS
Chris

$50 (which is pretty much the going rate around here) and I'm very happy with the quality. It's my reserve repack - why would I settle for shoddy work? :S

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

After years of charging a lunch on demand while at the dz I started to actually charge cash for 40$.. then I went to 50$ and gave half of that to animal shelter so I was actually making 25$ per repack but the dogs and cats at the no kill shelter where getting fed so the trade off to me was good.
I have since retired from active rigging and will squeeze a rig in here and there if someone has to have it quick or some special deal.. but I try not to rig for anyone but myself and my wife.
On that rare chance that i do rigging I still charge 50 dollars but now it all goes to the dog shelter!
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

I don't the going rate is 50 a repack, unless you piss me off then it's 150.00, 50 for the repack and 100 to put up with your shit, but I'm thinking about charging more this year for the shit factor.;)

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I remember back in 1988 round reserves were $35 and Squares were $45

And now some riggers in the year 2008 are charging (gasp) $45 fucking bucks!

20 fucking years later and everything else has gone up but people bitch because I charge $50?

You gotta be fucking kidding me Buck!

That is it.....From now on it is $75 bucks and you can take it or leave it. With Diesel at over 4 bucks a gallon I can't even drive to the DZ and back on one fucking pack job!

Riggers unite!

No more 1980's wages!

>:(

The question will be though...how much do you think you may be paying next year when/if the 180 repack cycle
finally becomes effective?:P

I know it's been discussed a few times before...just thought I'd stir the pot.:P:D

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

The question will be though...how much do you think you may be paying next year when/if the 180 repack cycle
finally becomes effective?:P

I know it's been discussed a few times before...just thought I'd stir the pot.:P:D

If the repack cycle gets extended, I wouldn't mind paying the proportional increase. Even then, that said, my rigger doesn't do a lot of that stuff these days so I don't think she would increase her price. But I would expect the major riggers and lofts to, if that is their main source of income.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

wow, I wish it was only $40. It was 60, and from what I was just informed, just went up to $70. but that is using the loft at the dropzone, not an individual rigger.

anyone know a rigger in the orange county area *california* I want my rig repacked, but don't want to drive all the way out to snore or perris to get it done. its $20 in gas just to get there and back. sheesh!
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

its $20 in gas just to get there and back. sheesh!

And you wonder why the riggers are charging more for the work they do, we have to drive to ya know.

I know that. I was simply stating that I am looking for a rigger neaqrby, so as to not have to spend so much in petrol.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720