j0nes

online bank - %

i'm doing some research, looking for a safe place to plant some money. i'm looking for an FDIC insured account with low or no fees and a good interest rate. I want to be able to pull out maoney if an emergency pops-up, so CDs are out.

HSBC has this http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/3/personal/savings/online-savings, but does anyone know of a better rate out there?

(i realize asking skydivers about invseting may be a mistake, but it was worht a shot)

HSBC 4% rate is the best thing going right now. Untill they just started this savings program the largets interest bareing account was the ING Orange 2% account. If you don't mind your money tied up long term you could look into CD's but thier yeilds have been shitty lately.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Now I used to work for this bank and I hate what they did to me. Firing my ass illegally! But they do have good offers...

http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/savings/index.asp?page=online-saver&ct=flashstertosaverjan06b

&

http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/savings/index.asp?page=prem-regular-saver&ct=flashsecpremregsaverjan06

Shame I shut my accounts in a temper. I would have let you leave your money in my account for few months. Id have given you good rate ;)

We are have a dense fog warning for this evening in the DC area.

welcome to bonfire.

We've had clear, sunny skies. Highs in the low 70's, here in West Texas. windy as hell, though. We need rain, something terrible. It's like a tinder-box.

Chuck

We've had clear, sunny skies. Highs in the low 70's, here in West Texas. windy as hell, though. We need rain, something terrible. It's like a tinder-box.

We've got plenty and would be glad to share, since we've got floods out the wazoo. [:/]

Oh, and just to keep j0nes happy, I have an ING Direct Orange account and could send a referral that gets an extra $25 put into your account (and I get a kickback too).:P

We've got plenty and would be glad to share, since we've got floods out the wazoo. [:/]

Oh, and just to keep j0nes happy, I have an ING Direct Orange account and could send a referral that gets an extra $25 put into your account (and I get a kickback too).:P

That would be nice! We've got a helluva drought goin' here. Most of Texas is like a tinder box. Grass fires all over. Forgive me if, I don't show concern for the bank interest rate at this time.

Chuck