Viking

Whats the Longest Road Trip you have ever done?

Milwaukee -> Twin Cities -> Grand Forks, ND -> Glacier National Park, MT -> Idaho -> Salt Lake City, UT -> Winslow, AZ (To stand on the corner (no shit)) -> Flagstaff, AZ -> Phoenix, AZ -> San Diego, CA

ex-wife and I did this in 1998 or so. It was a blast. We had a great time.
"...there is a there out there..." - Tom Robbins

San Antonio, Texas
to
Yellowstone National Park in the NW corner of Wyoming
then from there drove through
Montana and Idaho
then back cross Wyoming to the black hills range in
South Dakota
and returning through Wyoming and
Colorado back to Texas.

3 week trip with me, my brother and my dad. I got awesome pictures from it all. I went from 100 degree heat in TX to 20 degrees and 3 feet of snow in Wyoming and back in a matter of days.

longest 'roadtrip' (aka one long ass frigin day). Port Harcourt Nigeria (PHC) to London Gatwick (LGW) to Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) to Denver to home.
Mileage in order:
3217, 4771, 644, 93. Total trip was 24 hours in a plane, 90 minutes in a car. Day length was 32 hours if you factor in the 8 times zones crossed.
------
Michael

but my cats are good. They yowl for the first 30 minutes then settle down. :S

My cat Bob yowled for the first 6 days of the trip. Smuggling into motel rooms with the litter box, etc. She nearly didn't make it out of Oregon....

We snuck our cats into a motel room once. I made the mistake of leaving the door ajar while taking more stuff into the room from the car. He got out... fuck... We looked everywhere. No sight of him on the property. Then we went into the woods just behind. There were like three pairs of eyes we saw with the flashlight. Called out his name, sure enough he came forward... Whew!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Here is one I'd like to do!!!

Not in the winter though!!!!:oB|B|

Summer is just as bad, for your windshield though. That desolate stretch through Canada has gazillions of damn bugs that smack your windshield. You'll be stopping every few hours to wipe the gooey muck off... :| So says a friend of mine who made the trip....
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Summer is just as bad, for your windshield though. That desolate stretch through Canada has gazillions of damn bugs that smack your windshield. You'll be stopping every few hours to wipe the gooey muck off... :| So says a friend of mine who made the trip....

And even farther north... they don't call the mosquito the Alaska state bird for nothing.

And even farther north... they don't call the mosquito the Alaska state bird for nothing.

State Insect you mean? :D

Mine is really short, 10 hours from Mass. to DC. This is mostly due to the fact that I hate being in the car for too long and generally will opt to fly. Growing up, most of the family vacations we flew. I think this was because I am one of 8 kids and a long road trip with that many kids was not my parents idea of fun.:|

However, my brother has invited me on a 4 week vacation this July with his family. The plan is to drive from Vancouver to San Diego. This trip interests me for obvious reasons.

Chris

State Insect you mean? :D

I think she ment to imply that they are so big that they are mistaken for birds.:D:D

The plan is to drive from Vancouver to San Diego. This trip interests me for obvious reasons.

You mean i get to see my dad?!B|
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Nov-Dec 2002- Raeford NC to Z-Hills for the Turkey Meet, then to Eloy for the 300-way, back to Z-Hills for a skills camp with the SOCOM Parachute Team and finally back to Raeford. A flat tire, a few nights in Wal-Mart parking lots and a bunch of...laughs!;)

All in an immaculate RV driven by my good friend, Paul Rafferty.

Chris

I did boston to sacremento in 3 days with a 10 hour detour to minneapolis to see a friend for dinner & 3 months later ( those 3 months included a couple of trips from lodi to perris ) perris back to boston.

Road trips are fun

Erica