jaydias13

Question...

Hello guys! I just bought a Voodoo V3 and the main volume is 400cu/in, I was thinking of getting a sabre2 150 now I'm leaning more towards the Safire2 149, now the volume of the Sabre2 150 is 338cu/in and the Safire2 149 is 408cu/in, and the Safire2 139 is 386cu/in (even bigger than the Sabre2 150 when packed) and I have 2 questions:
1- Will the safire2 149 fit in my container??
2- is the Safire2 139 somewhat comparable at the Sabre2 150 or there's a big difference??

My exit weight is around 180

Well,

if you have not updated your profile with jump info it is hard to say. But if you are fairly new to jumping and you are thinking about jumping a 150 with an exit weight of 180. Well all I want to know is can I be at your ash dive because those sizes start getting into the realm of high performance. But the best people to talk to would be your instructor not this forum. But hey good luck
EXPECT THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!

180lbs on a 150 would put me at 1.2 Wing load. Is 1.2 on a safire2/Sabre2 considered "high performance"? My question was to somebody who's around my weight and who actually jumped with those canopies.

PS: Yeah you can go on my ash jump, can I go on yours too?:P

What are your jump #'s???? You can see mine and i am still finding performance on my Sabre 2 170's.

Hi John! I have 61 jumps and I agree with you, I'll keep jumping with a Sabre2 170 until I feel Comfortable enough to downsize to 150. I just need to know the answer for my question 1, and question 2 is really just curiosity! I'm not trying to kill myself here...

I would call the manufacture or find a friend with the same canopy and try it. The manufacture typically has charts for all their containers and specific canopies.

Lots of times it is trial and error when outside of the published specs.

1. Yes, if you pack it right.
2. The Safire2 149 is comparable (in size) to the Sabre2 150, but they fly somewhat differently. I am not a fan of either and prefer the Pilot 150. YMMV.

Demo demo demo...

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Pack volume charts are pretty much useless. Do a search if you want to know why. The Safire-2 149 and Sabre-2 150 should have similar pack volumes. If you want specific information:

Rigging Innovations 520-466-2655

Square-2 520-466-9566

More to the point, you bought a container without knowing what size canopies will fit and you're thinking of buying canopies that you probably haven't demoed. If you get demo canopies you can see if you like them and see how they pack in your container. Getting some help from someone at your DZ or a rigger might be useful too. Then again asking here is OK, you might find someone with your container size/canopy combo to help but you still won't get to fly the canopies.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

I actually bought the container for the sabre2 150 cuz I've been jumping it, and that is good I know! I'm just not too familiar with the container. and I got curious checking out the packed volume for the Safire2 and I was wondering what's the size range for the V3, that's all! I just need opinions about the canopies cuz once I never jumped the safire2 I can't compare it myself.
But I agree Demoing is the best option!! I just would like to hear opinions on flight characteristics and comparison between those.

Ah, very good. I wouldn't worry about the Safire fitting then, more a matter of the canopy selection but it wouldn't hurt to ask RI, I'm sure you wouldn't just order the Safire without trying it out anyway. I'd be surprised if you found a big difference between the Sabre-2 and Safire-2 of the same size but I don't have first-hand knowledge there. If you can't find canopies to borrow (don't be shy about asking around, people are generally willing to share) then demo's are the option. As far as asking here about the diifference between the two I'd start another post specifically addressing that. Assuming you can't dig up anything by doing a search of course. OTOH I have bought several used canopies from the classifieds, if I didn't like them I simply resold them. In hindsight demoing would have been generally a better choice though. But I did end up with a couple of keepers that way.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............