bigsapper

Superstitious 13th Jump

Some people think of 13 as a lucky number.

My son always wants #13 on his soccer jersey because it was Dan Marino's Dolphin number. A few months ago, he sprained his ankle while playing. He was wearing his #13 jersey, it happened on the 13th of the month and he was in exam room 13 at the hospital. He said that proves it's a lucky number because it was just a sprain and not broken!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

While I don't consider myself superstitous at all............:)
This past Saturday, on the 13th load of the day, which was also my 13th tandem of the day, my student dumped us out at 13,000ft...........

Things that make you go hmm...............

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

Damn... I don't even remember my 13th jump, so that must mean nothing bad happened! :D Although it was somewhere around that jump number that my canopy did a momentary collapse and re-inflation at about 100 feet because of wind turbulence, nearly making my instructor pee his pants watching me... :ph34r: I thought it was nothing, just a little bump, but I wasn't watching the canopy, just the ground like I was supposed to! :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I jumped my own pack job on jump 13. Turned out I didn't do such a great job. I had to chop it and land under a round reserve.

Having only 13 jumps, I prepared for my round-reserve ride landing as I did the previous other 12 jumps by flaring.

No broken bones, but my left knee still aches occasionally.

I jumped my own pack job on jump 13. Turned out I didn't do such a great job. I had to chop it and land under a round reserve.

Having only 13 jumps, I prepared for my round-reserve ride landing as I did the previous other 12 jumps by flaring.

HOLY SHIT!!! That is a horrible 13th.B|
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

HOLY SHIT!!! That is a horrible 13th.B|

I guess I should have put flaring in quotes...

It sucked, but it wasn't a highspeed malfunction. Looking back, I'm not sure I needed to cut away. I packed myself a step-through. The main thing is I lived and didn't damage myself too badly.

my jump 13 was my first at a new dropzone. my shoulder came out in freefall and i had to pull my reserve.

on the good side, i didn't lose the freebag or the handle, and i had a great stand-up landing, even with my shoulder in that much pain.

i was laughing really hard when i was trying to inscribe the tequila bottle for my rigger/DZO.
life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
(helen keller)