livenletfly

neoxs audible

im looking to buy either the optima or the neoxs from para sport italia and would appreciate some info on the neoxs.
ive heard some negative feedback from one person about the neoxs, anyone have any prob's with theirs.
do you find them easy to operate?
tha nks
jeff
>

im looking to buy either the optima or the neoxs from para sport italia and would appreciate some info on the neoxs.
ive heard some negative feedback from one person about the neoxs, anyone have any prob's with theirs.
tha nks
jeff

I love my Optima, the neoxs pretty much appears to be copy/clone of the Optima. Overall I think L&B makes better quality products.

I don't think that is true. If it was a copy of the optima it would have all of the optima features, my understanding was they added additional ones, such as a time based alarm for four way.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

i do to, but the cursor on the neoxs looks really easy to use. l&b are a great company. ive heard some negative stuff about parasport italia but i like to check out things on my own.
thanks for posting

The Optima is easy to use, it took reading the manual and 20 minutes playing with it to learn to program everything.

tha nks
jeff

I am a huge L&B fan, their customer service is beyond incredible, but my Altitron altimeter by Parasport Italia is a fine piece of gear. If the Parasport has features not offered by the L&B Optima, you might want to go Italian.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

my Altitron altimeter by Parasport Italia is a fine piece of gear.

Wow, I just thought I'd quote this one for posterity. It's the first positive thing I've ever heard anyone say about a parasport electronic product. Course it's not an audible... never heard anything good about parasport audibles before. Not exactly the greatest track record. I like their helmets though. :)
Dave

I just ordered a NeoXs, partially because I'd seen one at PIA last year. One thing I liked was the layout and programming. I also have an Optima, and so will be comparing them. One thing I noticed, is it is substantially different from previous products both in design and style. I'll post a review once I receive it.

I just ordered a NeoXs, partially because I'd seen one at PIA last year. One thing I liked was the layout and programming. I also have an Optima, and so will be comparing them. One thing I noticed, is it is substantially different from previous products both in design and style. I'll post a review once I receive it.

Thought I would bump this thread because I am considering a new audible alti. Does anyone have any remarks now that it has been on the market for a little while?

Specifically, can anyone comment on its reliability and how it compares to an L&B product, which enjoy a very good reputation? The features list is impressive but I want to know that it will actually beep when it should!

Also, there doesn't appear to be a listing for this in the gear section of this site.

I have a NeoXS in one ear, and an Optima in the other. Neo is tougher, it's aluminum, Louder, with volume control.
Hard pressed to say it's "better." It has a few more options, price is right, it's slightly heavier.
It beeps when it's supposed to, and set to its default setting, the NeoXS is significantly louder than the Optima.
Can't comment on customer service from ParaSport as I haven't needed it. They do have a US distributor that apparently handles all warranty claim so I assume it's fast. I can see them being equal to L&B, but I'd be surprised if they could be better than L&B for customer care.

The Neoxs is my first audible, so I can't compare it to the Optima, but I can tell you that I love it. I have never had any problems with it. It was very easy to learn to use and is easy to change while in flight if needed. The swoop alarms are great for beginner swoopers. It also has volume control that is plenty loud enough at any of the settings. I hear mine loud and clear every time... and the best part is its one of the cheaper ones on the market.
Well behaved women don't often make history.

I've got no complaints other than it really doesn't have a manual. It comes with a quick start guide, but that's all you really need.
It's simple and straight forward.
Two sets of alarms, no jump log (that's what keeps it affordable), reliable, loud. It's been right on with my Alti-Track.
I have the volume somewhere in mid range and I can still hear it fine when I forget to remove my earplugs. If you have hearing issues I think max volume will still hurt.

My first audible as well, so no comparison.

I've set of some mode where it starts cycling thru the different alarms. I don't know if you can use set those other alarms for different altitudes. When you are in the hanger and it starts going thru the alarms, it's loud and pisses people off in a hurry. No way to stop it.

Learn to be happy. You can't be there for anybody else in life if you can't learn to be there for yourself.

Hmm, well I appreciate that some people have had a good experience with it, but when I called my retailer of choice today they commented that they had "a lot of returns" on it because it simply did not work the way it was supposed to. The exact words were "its a crap product and doesn't go off when it should."

I realize that someone could probably say that about every product on the market, but if multiple people had returned it to the retailer, that was enough to make me buy something else. Your results may vary. I decided to stick with a more established brand. Not intended to slam anyone's product but that's the feedback that I got from a major retailer.

I bought me a Neoxs because I was not satisfied with the crappy plastic casing of the Optima.
I made 30 jumps with the Neoxs, which i also use for swooping, and it is as accurate as the Optima but with a more robust casing.
the only negative thing about the Neoxs is the poor manual.