AggieDave

My perfect breakfest.

For me its a 6-egg omlet with ham, cheese, diced tomatos, cheese, tabasco sauce, cheese, salsa, cheese on top and cover it all with chili.

Add to that a side of grits with salt and butter and about a pot of really strong coffee (served black).

Now *that* is a perfect breakfast.

Normally its a couple of cups of coffee and a sammich I make with a fried egg, slice of ham, slice of cheese on toast. Its quick and easy to make as well as tastee. Of course I fry the egg with a good helping of tabasco sauce, salt and pepper. Try it, its good.:)

(Had to do it JT).:DB|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

LOL I was con-fucking -fused for a second.

I thought "how did it get re-opened?"

My perfect breakfast had nothing to do with te joke I posted but since you bring it up.

waking up with my G/F lying around for a bit and eventually getting something to eat..but not now.
is the perfect breakfast for me
My photos

My Videos

That's a ... large omelet. I really like the breakfast I had yesterday ... the roma scramble at Dish. Three eggs, italian sausage, basil, tomato, and mozzarella all scrambled together. Side of home fries and this thing they call a scone but is really coffee cake (that's my one beef with the place ... it ain't a scone, but at least they explain it to you before you order it). And coffee, of course.

Yummmmmmm....

Either that or waffles. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

fucking SIX egg omelet??

Yeah? Anything less and the omelet doesn't fill me up. I came to that number through trial and error. I've made 2 and 3 egg numbers that couldn't even hold the ham and cheese I put in there. I've tried 4 eggs, tried 5, not quite enough. 6 seems to be the perfect number. 7 was too much and that 10-egg number I made a while back didn't cook very well due to its size and fluffiness.

put the eggs in a blender and you'll cut it to four or five

That's a good idea. You know I add about 1/2 a cup of whole milk to the mix to make the omelet much fluffier. It really makes the difference. If you add the salsa to the mix before putting it in the pan its freak'n perfect...well if you add a bit of salt and pepper and a bit of tabasco in the mix before it goes in the pan too.B|

Before too many folks wig out, remember, that's my *perfect* breakfast. If you notice I normally only eat 1-2 eggs for breakfast (as per my first post). Simply put, I typically don't have the time in the morning to cook it up right. I need something on the go (since I tend to be working a bit behind the clock by the time I get to the kitchen, no matter how early I wake up.

one thing I've found about eggs: the hippy dippy environmentalist types are right about this one.

Go & spend an extra buck or two at the local health food co-op on those organic, free-range, locally-raised chicken eggs.

IT IS WORTH IT!! The price difference for a dozen eggs is less than you'd pay for a bad beer, and the taste and color is WAY better than the mass produced bland pale crap eggs in the supermarket.

Try it yourself & see if I'm right.
B| of course, once you see that color & taste the flavor, you will no longer bother with those "just egg-white" omelets ever again. The extra color & flavor come mostly from the yolk.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I see you've listed a lot of cheese in your omlette. Are those different cheeses?

Depends on if I have the cheese or not. Typically its a LOT of shredded chedder and slices of american on top. More cheese the better.;)

If I have it some other types have been known to go in the mix, though.

My perfect breakfast? A cappucino in Venice.

Ohhh...good angle.

Of course I also would have accepted "coffee at sunrise in the back country of Big Bend National Park" or similar.:D