skybeergodd

closing in on 100th save

I haven't looked for a long time and I had someone ask my over saftey day how many saves I had. I went thru all my log books and I'm very close to #100 documented save. I've already got the rigging triple crown of saves(Back,chest and seat saves)...I'm just trying to think of something original to do for my 100th save...No pies on me or my tools.lol...I was thinking of me buying the 100th save a bottle(then helping them empty it). Anyone else have any ideas?

I haven't looked for a long time and I had someone ask my over saftey day how many saves I had. I went thru all my log books and I'm very close to #100 documented save. I've already got the rigging triple crown of saves(Back,chest and seat saves)...I'm just trying to think of something original to do for my 100th save...No pies on me or my tools.lol...I was thinking of me buying the 100th save a bottle(then helping them empty it). Anyone else have any ideas?

Tell us about the seat save. They are not so common. Riggers everywhere have my eternal gratitude. They have saved me twice. Every time I see a successful cutaway I think about a rigger who took the time and care to do it right.

What other professional will perform a lifesaving procedure for $60? You depend on your rigger as much as you do on your heart surgeon. You just pay him less. In a just world, riggers would never have to pay for beer and saves would earn them an extra $100 every time.

Get some publicity outside of the skydiving press. I'll bet the local paper would do a story on your 100th save.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I can't come up with any better idea than the one you listed...sounds like an excellent plan.

Of course, if the 'savee' follows protocol, they'll be buying you a bottle, too...so looks like you both will have a pretty drunky-but-funky evening ahead of you... :D

Regardless, congrats! That's awesome! :)

Signatures are the new black.