HALO1

Urban Camo Cordura (500/1000 Denier)

All - Looking for a little assistance/direction and before you ask/flame I did a thorough forums search and some fairly extensive Googling that got me close, but not quite there.

looking for a source for container grade cordura (500/1000 denier) in Urban Camouflage pattern (black, white, & gray). Found some decent sites that carry the latest digital camo patterns (Army & Marine), but no luck on the Urban Camo pattern. Wonder if any rig manufactures have a line on Urban Camo... Thoughts?
Don't be sexist… Broads hate that.

Good luck! I searched for 6 months. Even went as far as to call the suppliers of all the major rig manufacturers and found the only way to get some was to have an entire run custom made. I finally settled for white with black marble tie dye (Mirage) and it looks great with the urban camo accents on my suit.
"People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But, the self is not something that one finds. It is something that one creates"- Thomas Szasz

If you arent looking for a whole bolt of the stuff, try calling Stong enterprises and ask for a rigger, they have helped me find some hard to get fabrics from time to time. I think Ive seen some strong rigs made from camo material, they may have scrap cuts unusable to them, but big enough for you to make something if it isnt large.

I hear ya Nicole. I've called the major rig manufactures as well and some of the top fabric companies too... No luck. I consider myself pretty resourceful, but this quest has me stumped. I know there's got to be a couple a yards of Urban Camo cordura out there somewhere.

So, if anyone reading this knows of a source please contact me. Many thanks.

Is there any items in the marketplace that use the material? Are any branches or police units already having pieces of gear made with it and if so who are their suppliers?

Since the black and white urban camo is not an offical military adopted color pattern many mills are probally not looking to run batches of it since they have no one beating down their door for it for military contracts today.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Good point Phree. I've thought of that and have also been looking at manufactures of civilian tactical hear. Although Black is the predominant color, I've gotten a few hits on Urban Camo, but typically only cotton twill. I may also look to the "fashion" market for Urban Camo items (backpacks, etc.) made using a solid grade cordura. Don't need much... about 2 square yards or so.

Come on, go with Multicam...you know you want to!

There was a phrase used decades ago when shades of brown and tan were popular...bounce and blend! B|
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Come on, go with Multicam...you know you want to!

There was a phrase used decades ago when shades of brown and tan were popular...bounce and blend! B|

B| Gotta confess, I've never really understood this whole camo gear thing myself. It looks really cool on the ground...but if you're looking for people to skydive with, it might not be the best choice. It's going to be awful hard for them to see you if you go out first... :P
Signatures are the new black.

You may want to call the manufacturer about the use of a specific supplier/ material before you buy it and send it to them. They may/may not accept it for use.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar