yamtx73

Cats are strange critters

Ok, to most of you this isn't any great news. Hell to me it isn't a big news flash either but here's my story anyway....

I have 2 cats, an 8 year old spayed female and a 7 year old neutered male and both have been declawed. I also have a 9 month old mini dachshund who just happens to love my cats, loves to chew on them that is. Now those of you who know dachshunds know they're eating machines, they love nothing better than to eat.
There's a low countertop (about 24" above the floor) in my kitchen and that's where I feed the cats to keep the dog out of their food. This evening while sitting at my keyboard I hear a weird sound coming from the kitchen, I get up to investigate and am amazed at what I see going on.
The male cat is sitting on the counter beside his food bowl (self-dispensing dry food set up) picking out 1 piece of cat food at a time and pushing it onto the floor then sitting there watching the dog eat it. This goes on for a couple minutes, the cat jumps down to the floor and swats the dog on the head then climbs back up and begins to feed him again... I doubt they will never stop to surprise me with their antics.... :D
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

I had a cat that used to jump on the kitchen counters and throw things down for the dog.

Our cats do the same thing. In their case I think they are trying to get the dog to chew up something she isn't supposed to have and then get in trouble for it all for the cats' amusement.Every time things like that happen here I swear the cats a hiding somewhere and laughing!:D

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

:D We have the same antics in our house.

Two kitties, one doggie. My kitties are my babies and they know it. They RULE the dog. Thankfully, they all seem to get along pretty well.

Zoe' (declawed--she was before I got her, I'm actually against declawing cats) stands on her hind legs and stays that way and uses the dogs nose as a boxing bag.

Sabre prefers the several blows with the same paw approach. But, you know he's playing b/c he never uses his claws. It's funny b/c if you tap on Cruzer (my dog)'s nose it makes a hollow sound. You can hear what's going on b/c it sounds like the beating of a drum. He LOVES the cats though---always wagging his tail, so excited when they pay him attention---and then they swat him.:D:(:D
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

When I was a little kid, first we had a cat, then a year or so later, we brought home a collie puppy. The puppy go overly curious about the cat, she swatted him across the nose (drew blood and left a permanent scar) and that was that. The pecking order was established and the dog knew her place.

Yeah, cats... A while after we got ours (rescued her from the street, looked abandoned -- and was), we started to discover how many details you have to pay attention to, or the cat would ruin something. Once we left a nice piece of meat in the kitchen's counter, waiting for the oven to heat up we left the room. We get back here, and the cat had taken the meat down to the floor and was proceeding to eat it. So we begin to yell at her, so that she can be sure she was doing something forbidden... Guess what, instead of running away and let us forget her, she just laid down on the piece of meat, you know just in case we hadn't seen it...

We learnt the lesson and always close the door now when cooking meat...

And last week we were preparing salad, went away to buy something. We didn't bother to close the door, do cats like salad ? Nooo... Or so you think! She did exactly the same thing and completely destroyed it in about five minutes.

I have a sweet, (now) well-behaved cat named Feather, and my girlfriend and I took in a new one, just under a year or so old, who was living stray on our block. She's a gorgeous siamese we named Wee Belle.

Wee Belle has an atrophied, paralyzed front right leg. She can't feel anything from the elbow down. I said today that we should have named her Badump, because that's the sound she makes when she tromps through the house.

She likes to pick fights with Feather, who is really about 80% bigger than she is, and far tougher. But her favorite piss-me-off trick is to jump up onto the counter and then climb up into the kitchen cabinets and walk among the soup cans, glasses and plates! Pisses me off. Sometimes I come home from work late at night and there are cans knocked out of the cabinets onto the counter and the floor! [:/]

But then she comes into bed at night and cuddles up around my neck and I can't hold anything against her...

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"