Elisha

I just watched a sweet skydiving movie!

Yeah, that's pretty damned bad. Dropzone was to movies what um... shit is to ... um, shit.

Horribly bad movie.

I haven't watched it since I started skydiving, but I remember even when I knew nothing about the sport that it had the most horrible blue-screen skydiving effects I had ever seen or could ever imagine.

I'd like to watch it now once more to see what the boogie-atmosphere is depicted like.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I thought it was a good movie, fake as hell or not. And it did bring a large group of people to the sport for a little while. So all in all, it did have its benefits.

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

You guys have any idea what kind of financial spike "Dropzone" brought to skydiving in the two years following it's release?

I remember "Point Break" was huge! Our FJC had about 5 times as many folks the Saturday after that opened that ever before. Don't remember much of a spike with "Dropzone" or "Cutaway." Some of my friends got paid some nice dough doing Sheen's movie, though. :)

Yeah, both Point Break" and "DropZone" spiked FJC's in our neighborhood, but "Cutaway" (which we were hoping) didn't do anything for FJC flow.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.