MyOwnWay

pic of my new tat!

i don't have an actual pic of it on me, but here's the original. a friend of mine drew it off of a drawing by brandon boyd (incubus).

it's about 6"x 7" placed on my left hip. took about 3 1/2 hours in the chair. i give my props to vicky at the enchanted dragon in tucson, az. she is an amazing artist!

no. the artist asked if i wanted shading and i decided to think about and make up my mind when i go back for a touch up. by the time she was done she was glad i didn't ask for shading. it was an extremely difficult piece and i challenged her 30 years of experience. but it looks exactly like the drawing. she's amazing.

no. the artist asked if i wanted shading and i decided to think about and make up my mind when i go back for a touch up

Good call seeing as how complicated it looks.

I asked because it took me a second to realize what I was looking at. So many lines with not much contrast in the pic you provided. Otherwise NICE tat.:)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

In January of 2002 I decided to invest in 10,000 shares of Palomar Medical Technologies (PMTI on the NASDAQ). I have made about 3,500% return on that investment.

Palomar makes medical lasers that are used for tattoo removal amongst other things. Everytime I see a ridiculous tattoo on an otherwise pretty girl I remember that it is like money in the bank to me.

In January of 2002 I decided to invest in 10,000 shares of Palomar Medical Technologies (PMTI on the NASDAQ). I have made about 3,500% return on that investment.

Palomar makes medical lasers that are used for tattoo removal amongst other things. Everytime I see a ridiculous tattoo on an otherwise pretty girl I remember that it is like money in the bank to me.

I'm going to invoke the old, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all,here.You shouold have also.Most people are very happy with their tatoos.

Great tatoo BTW.It is amazing what some artists can do with skin.

No.... Thank YOU, thank YOU, thank YOU!

Everytime I hear someone being a real jerk, it reminds me to look in the mirror and not judge people.

I heard a line somewhere recently that really stuck with me. It goes, "We don't judge people for who they are, we judge people for who WE are."

Judging people against our own personal views is pretty close minded. I am as guilty as the next person at times, but I am learning and trying. Something you could benefit from.

MyOwnWay- Nice design! I hope you can post a pic of the actual tattoo!

My wife has 6 tattoos and loves every one of them and I am planing a full back tattoo that is a tribute to some freinds that are no longer with us. I like your design and was wondering if your going color or just black and grey?
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

That's an awesome looking tat........I don't know how you do it....31/2hr. in the chair.....wow.

Mine took about 1hr. and I was getting ready to jump out of my seat. If you have the pic...love to see it on you.
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

brandon boyd is a phenominal artist... him and jose have designed almost all of their own tattoos...

awesome tattoo!!! i definitely would love to see it when you get around to it!
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

everyone is entitled to their own opinion. if tattooing is not your thing, no big deal. i understand. i, on the other hand, want to cover myself in ink. it took me awhile to save for this piece so i know it's going to take years and years before i will ever be happy w/ the way my skin looks.

future plans for the tat: i will be getting just the lilies colored in shades of orange, yellow, and red. i think that will give it a dramatic effect. i also decided on no shading. i want to keep close to the original, but yet make it my own by coloring the flowers.

short and sweet version of why: i was looking through brandon's book white fluffy clouds and was immediately drawn to it. i was looking at me in his drawing. given, i don't look exactly like the girl, but everything from the long hair, to the plugs, to the tear running down her cheek, and her being surrounding by lilies. i think it's a beautiful drawing. i put over a years worth of contemplating of whether or not to get it tattooed and i never thought once not to get it. so yes, it is personal. the girl represents me. i've had a rough last year and she tells the story perfectly. i always believe you should get a tattoo that means something to you, not just a piece of flash off the wall. if it's on you, it needs to represent you.

HEY ~ nice design :) i was considering getting a rather larger tattoo on my hip as well (probably not as complex & big as yours though) -- starting from lower hip to the top....... any thoughts on the pain? any especially sensitive area :S it seems to be a kinda boney area! THANKS!

~hollywood

see the world! http://gorocketdog.blogspot.com

from what my tattoo artist said (with 30 years under her belt) you don't want to cross body lines. i was going to get mine half way on my ribs and going down onto my hip and ending on the top of my leg. . . but bad idea. she said that over time your skin will stretch differently from body line to body line, especially on women.

as far as the pain, it had a little bit of a bite as she was working close to my hip bone, other than that it was a breeze. the only thing that sucked was she would work for 20 minutes then go back to an area where she had missed something. that hurt like hell to go over an area that had already started to swell and turn red.

but yeah, tats are hot! i encourage ppl to express themselves through ink!! B|