newguy1

bitching and moaning!!!!!

question? if there is anything i learnt so far. is that you buy beer for evrything. so will i half to buy beer when i send her packing? not that i would have a problem with it.:D

Actually, I would recommend trying to get her to change her mind and at least accept the fact that you jump. Trust me, even if it doesn't work and the relationship ends, it will be good practice that you will use in the future.

Walt

Balance is key

Thats what she tells you right...Glad to see you've meade 30 jumps this year:D:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

i have tryed just about evrythinh i can think of. tryed to get her to do a tandem she goes back and forth on the idea of it. in one year i have made 37 jumps so my balance between skydiving and her is good. we will be in fl and staying at zhills for three days so hopefully after the first she wont be ready to go. i think she might actually do a tandem i hope because then she might understand a little better.

Do what you makes you happy. Do you put such limitations on her activities? If so, why? If you enjoy the time you ARE together, you both should lighten up! Spending time with someone should not result in ownership. It is kind of a pet peeve of mine... when I read something like this it reminds me of how glad I am that I do not have to deal with such.
But I have been there. I will probably be alone for a long, long, time. I have gotten accustomed to it.
Best to you!!

I agree with davidlayne:

Cutaway!

Don't let anyone put such restraints on you. At this stage of your jumping (sub 100), skydiving is the world to you (speaking from own experience only, of course). Don't let someone even try to take it away.

Then again, I don't have a girlfriend, and I never did during my skydiving career, so I guess that is easy for me to say.

For Chirst's sake. Your not even married and your letting your woman run your life. 37 jumps in one year is hardly considered a sport. In this sport, uncurrency can be very dangerous.

If you plan on marrying someone that give's you so much shit, then you should deal with this delicately, as you will be putting up with her shit for the rest of your life.

If you don't plan on marrying her.......why the fuck would you put up with her shit? Dump her ass and be single for a while, get several hundred jumps and find someone that lets you be you.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

Maybe, it's time to find a new cook!

sighhhh I didnt think you had fit the role of "typical man" :(

That's quite a compliment. Thank you. I probably shouldn't have popped that off. I'm sure, there is much more to the situation than what we're getting.

chuck

Cutting away is your right in any relationship, but if the relationship was good prior to skydiving you might want to reconsider. First off, why doesnt she want you to go? Is she always thinking you are going to die? Have you tried to educate her on skydiving? Do you bring her with you to the DZ?

Skydiving should never be your end all be all. One day you may not be able to jump, and if you have lost everything wuffo then what do you have ?
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

When I get into a relationship (currently not in one) I tell them I skydive and to deal with it now or we can end it now.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: How does that work out for ya:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Well the last girl I dated (still good friends) is a reporter for a local TV station. She is going to do a live feed Tandem for the their morning show come spring. The one before her she was always at the DZ watching me.

How does that work out for ya

No complaints yet :P

CSA #699 Muff #3804

Cutaway.

That neverending discussion about who is "selfish" can be so annoying... is it you by wanting to go skydiving, or is it her by wanting to possess you 24/7?

I agree that "balance is the key", but when you're not happy there is no balance. Do what you have to do. I don't mean be a selfish prick and walk all over her, but be yourself!!! If she's unhappy with that then there will never be a balance. Cutaway. :|

It only takes one look and a determined move... and there you'll be back in freefall where you belong! :D:D:D

Ich betrachte die Religion als Krankheit, als Quelle unnennbaren Elends für die menschliche Rasse.
(Bertrand Russell, engl. Philosoph, 1872-1970)

C'mon people. All this talk of "cutting away". This could be a perfectly valid case of "you never let me meet your friends". Bring her along. Tie her to a tandem instructor. Let her drink beer with you and your jumping buddies at night. See if it cheers her up.

It's just skydiving...
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...