wildcard451

Outsourcing

I love talking to customer service that barely speaks english. Makes my morning so wonderful. Not time consuming at all either. I swear.

...unlike trying to communicate with an automated customer service digital asshole that only understands binary language...:)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I love talking to customer service that barely speaks english. Makes my morning so wonderful. Not time consuming at all either. I swear.

...unlike trying to communicate with an automated customer service digital asshole that only understands binary language...:)

Yes, and then when you try to get a REAL fuckin' person (by hitting "0" a million times, of course), the stupid voice says "I'm sorry you are having trouble. Good-bye." >:(>:(>:(>:(

I will take broken English ANY day over those digital bitches!

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

I will take broken English ANY day over those digital bitches!

But the digital bitch has a real soothing and sexy voice.

Just sit there and say "operator""representative" over and over again until a human answers.

Automated customer service is NOT "for my convenience".

Oh, and Orbitz sucks.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Have you tried this website? Maybe what you're looking for is in there? ;)

http://paulenglish.com/ivr/

It's a cheat sheet for getting straight to a real live fucking human as quickly as possible. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Years ago, Dell was one of the first big players in consumer to outsource tech support/customer service. They had such a bad experience with it, that they did away with the practice for a time.

You'd think, now that they have it back, it was because they learned how to get it right. I mean, why bring back outsourced support if you canned it once because it was not conducted well.

But recent experiences with barely-english speaking indians proved that to be a false assumption.

This actually happened to a friend of mine in the last month regarding a problem with their under-warranty, Dell computer:

- 40 minutes on hold to get through to someone
- Finally get connected, then put on hold for 20 minutes
- Disconnected by the offshore folks
- Had to call back, waited another 20 minutes to get connected
- Gave ref number to the next person, they said the other person didn't enter the comments, and made them tell the story all over again
- Made them go through diagnostics all over again
- Put them on hold for 15 minutes while they typed up the comments (they always do this there - rather than just typing it up while you are talking like any american would)
- Gave them a dispatch number and told them someone would be out within 3 days to fix
- 1 week later, had to call back, no sign of any repair person or calls
- Had to wait 20 minutes on hold to finally get to someone to ask them what the hell was going on with their repair.
- Said they would take care of, and they would be hearing from someone very soon
- Computer was finally fixed - in another 10 days from that point -

What a horrible disgrace. Dell should be ashamed.

This is just one of the many incidences either I, or people I have known have had with Dell support, and that's perhaps one of the better companies.

It's not just about people who are hard to understand, it's about the ridiculous amounts of time that you have to wait to have a company make good on their warranty that you actually paid extra for- they couldn't make it any harder to collect on that if they tried -

"The helicopter approaches closer than any other to fulfillment
of mankind's ancient dreams of a magic carpet" - Igor Sikorsky

Automated customer service is NOT "for my convenience".

I actually had one a couple weeks ago tell me, "Due to upgrades to our system, you may experience longer delays." B|

Nice upgrades! :S>:(

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

SOOO I have to ask when you do get horrible service... do you fill out the feedback forms or send a complaint to the company. I do this all the time.. EVEN for my own companies HELP DESK.
If enough Americans do this... MAYBE they will scrap the outsourced support and bring it home.