onechance

WANTED: EMERG PROCEDURES TRAINING VEST

Aloha All,
I'm looking for someone/some company that makes and sells emergency procedures training vests for training students during the first jump course and AFF Progression. Needs cutaway and reserve handles and a pocket for a throwout pilot chute. Could be simple or could be as useful as being attachable to a cutaway harness trainer hanging above ground. Anyone know of any out there? Paragear doesn't advertise one...at least online.
Mahalo in advance for any help. Paul Cravey
Paul Cravey
D29925
AFF-I/SL-I
808-497-8733

What you need is just a very simple sort of harness with dummy ripcord and cut away handle. Any master rigger can make it. I used it as an FJC instructor. But to be more realistic, nothing better than the rig to be used in a suspended harness. Here is the way to do it:
1) have a pair of old risers
2) attach them to a frame (wood or metal tubing)
3) remove the reserve handle from its pocket and tuck it behind the main lift web attached with masking tape (therefore you don't have to open the reserve)
4) use a spare reserve handle (with cable or not) and put it in the pocket and use several turns of masking tape around the main lift web to make the pull harder
5) use the cutaway handle and cable with the spare risers
6) have to student doning the rig and simulate an activation of the main followed by a imaginary malfunction requiring cut away or not (let the student decide what to do and brief him accordingly)
Note: The student doesn't have necessarily to be lifted in the air but can stand up and lean forward with feet behind him. That way he will fall on his belly in a mattress placed in front of him.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.