mamajumps

New (used) Wings Rig question

I just picked up my "new" (used) Wings rig last night. It is a 2002 model and I bought it from a lady who is my height, maybe 20lbs heavier. The harness size fits fine, but when I am tightening the legs straps down, they don't fit form to my legs on the outside just below my hip, the best I can describe it is like a small "v" or tent shape. I don't know if the webbing is just new (the rig has very low jumps)and the webbing is stiff or what. I can adventually get them adjusted properly, but I don't want this to be an issue in the air. Just seeing if anyone else has had experience with this. Last night when I had it on, it was on over sweat pants. Tonight Im gonna put it on with my jumpsuit and see if its any different...

I bought a used Wings H&C a few years ago, and never having owned a rig with hip rings before, wondered about the fit... I took pictures and sent them to Ankie at Sunrise Rigging, and she confirmed the rig fit me. A picture is worth a thousand words!

Ankie is no longer with Sunrise, but Scarlett is working hard to provide the same great customer service they've been known for... email her at [email protected].

Congratulations on your new rig!

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

My guess is that the laterals are too long for you; very possible if the person you bought it from is 20 pounds heavier than you.

Have someone who knows harness fit take a look at you wearing it (over what you usually wear to jump). If there's no one local who knows gear you could also contact the manufacturer.

Doesn't sound like something that would keep me from jumping the rig though.

I bought a used Wings H&C a few years ago, and never having owned a rig with hip rings before, wondered about the fit... I took pictures and sent them to Ankie at Sunrise Rigging, and she confirmed the rig fit me. A picture is worth a thousand words!

Ankie is no longer with Sunrise, but Scarlett is working hard to provide the same great customer service they've been known for... email her at [email protected].

Congratulations on your new rig!

Scarlett is a friend of mine, I will take pics tonight and post them here as well as send them to her. I live not too far from Zhills, but my schedule is way beyond flipping hectic.....

I have a custom fit wings, and if you're describing what I think you are, then mine does the same thing when standing up straight. But it flattens out when I flex my hip a little. I've had mine for two years or so, and haven't had any issues with it, in fact I didn't even think it was an issue. $.02

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?"

Is it the leg strap that is puckering? can you rotate the leg strap forward a bit? When you tighten it down does the comfort pad overlap?

Sorry to be a bit off topic here, but I've always wondered - is the comfort pad supposed to overlap? If so, how much?

Try tightening your leg straps just the way you want them, once tight rotate the leg pads by taking your hand on the same side I.E. left leg/left hand and grab the legstrap just under your bum and rotate the leg strap down and the forward around the back of you thigh while using your other hand to rotate upwards on the front of your inner thigh.

Being that the container was not built for you could be a few different things at play. Would have to see it on. Do you have canopies in the container already or is it empty?

till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates....
In skydiving, the only thing that stops you is the ground..............
PMS# 472 Muff #3863 TPM#95

:)
:)
If your Wings h/c have SS hip rings please check if the stamp on the rings is "W" 316L or "W"HR

If "W"316L is stamped on the SS hip rings ask your rigger to check if they did not bent during use.

Some "W"316L SS hip rings were found with deformation showing an oval shape.

A Service Bulletin never was issued by the mfg. but if
found, SRI the mfg. replaced the rings to "HR" at no charge.

Be Safe !!!

Is it the leg strap that is puckering? can you rotate the leg strap forward a bit? When you tighten it down does the comfort pad overlap?

Sorry to be a bit off topic here, but I've always wondered - is the comfort pad supposed to overlap? If so, how much?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ideally, the ends of the comfort pads just meet.

Overlapping comfort pads mean that the harness (or at least the leg pads) is too big for you.

On the other hand, a two or three inch gap (between the ends of the leg pads) is quite common.
Remember that all your weight rests on the bottom/middle of the leg pads.