reinhart36

Do I accept the wrong reline? Rant..

And a re-inforced leading edge. :P

ltdiver

I bought a Hybrid-Tri from Aerodyne back in 1998 and it DID have a re-inforced leading edge. Standard from the factory. Didn't know they had changed since then.

ltdiver

TRIATHLON HYBRID:
The Hybrid is terrific for those jumpers who want a canopy adapted and reinforced for intermediate to advanced CRW that can also be comfortably deployed in free-fall.

The Triathlon Hybrid airfoil is identical to the RW version with the addition of ¾ inch leading edge reinforcing tape and the proprietary Aerodyne Research 4-point retractable pilot chute system. Center 'A' and 'B' lines are non-cascaded and made of high-visibility orange 900 pound Dacron.

The Triathlon Hybrid is extremely popular for many skydivers because nearly everyone does some CRW at one time or another. For only an additional $100, the extra reinforcing, pilot-chute retraction system, and non-cascaded centerlines are a real bargain--eliminating the potential need to purchase another costly, specialized, CRW canopy.

Many Hybrid owners purchase our kill-line collapsible pilot chute for use on non-CRW jumps. When the opportunity for some serious CRW arises, they simply swap the KLPC with the retractable CRW bridle and a standard pilot chute--a process that takes only a few minutes. The KLPC is quick and easy to pack and saves wear and tear on the CRW bridle as well as eliminating a step from packing when the retractable bridle is not needed.

Exciting features:

The one canopy that does it all.
An ingeniously designed 7-cell canopy combining user-friendly handling characteristics with outstanding performance.
Zero-p fabric.
Smooth predictable handling.
No other canopy offers such a wide range of landing capabilities from Demo to Swoops.
New steering line configuration for increased flare power.
Small pack volume due to seven cell construction.
Comes standard with spectra line, soft links, and collapsible slider with “super-lightweight” stainless steel grommets.
The only CRW canopy that can be deployed comfortably at terminal freefall speeds.
Fully prepared for CRW, with leading edge reinforcements, Aerodyne’s 4-points pilotchute retraction system and non-cascaded A- and B-lines.
Can be configured easily and quickly for freefall jumps, by replacing the retraction system with a common kill line pilotchute.

Center 'A' and 'B' lines are non-cascaded and made of high-visibility orange 900 pound Dacron.

Comes standard with spectra line

I've always wondered why Aerodyne uses mostly spectra lines on the hybrid, instead of all dacron. My hybrid Triathlon has all-dacron lines, and I think that is a much better idea for even casual CRW.
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

Center 'A' and 'B' lines are non-cascaded and made of high-visibility orange 900 pound Dacron.

Comes standard with spectra line

I've always wondered why Aerodyne uses mostly spectra lines on the hybrid, instead of all dacron. My hybrid Triathlon has all-dacron lines, and I think that is a much better idea for even casual CRW.

All the Triathlons are available in full Dacron or full Spectra, or a combination of both. Most if not all the stock Triathlons we have will be a combination, this is based on the trend in the market.

All the Triathlons are available in full Dacron or full Spectra, or a combination of both. Most if not all the stock Triathlons we have will be a combination, this is based on the trend in the market.

I didn't know that. I assumed it would be possible to ask for anything on a custom order, but didn't know it was actually offered as an option.

... but I still don't understand the point of getting a hybrid Tri and getting some/all spectra on it. Someone ordering a hybrid is obviously getting it with the intention of doing some CRW with it. No one ever said market forces always do the wise thing!

My hybrid Tri 135 (loaded about 1.45) has all dacron (with red non-cascaded A lines), retractable PC, CRW toggles - and still works great as an all-around canopy in my second rig.
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg