leroydb

Two things Navy SEALS are always taught:

SEALs are pussies! How you doin Matt?
Mish

Hey man, I thought I was the P@#$Y. Are you thinking higher of me now? How you doin' man? I always evaluate the situation and I'm not even a SEAL! I think that is a "being alive" kind of thing. Like look right grab right and so on and so on.

2. Know when to act without hesitation

One must always evaluate the situation and possible outsomes.....

"Know when to act" and "Always evaluate" are worlds apart.

Dicking around for 15 min evaluating whether to bash a proffesor in the teeth is a lifetime.

That kind of dithering is unacceptable.

t

Good point but consider this...he was not under fire when "2. Know when to act without hesitation" is an absolute requirement. If true, he had time to evaluate the situation and possible outcomes.

You always have time to evaluate. You no not always have the same amount of time to evaluate.

Maybe he waited for maximum dramatic affect....
Scars remind us that the past is real

Who are these two who didn't like it?
Are they liberals?
Even if it wasn't a joke, it damn sure was true.
Only some liberal that didn't believe in God and the fact that our military boys fight and die for our country so these fat asses can sit around and enjoy thier freedom of speech would not appreciate that.
;)B|

Who are these two who didn't like it?
Are they liberals?
Even if it wasn't a joke, it damn sure was true.
Only some liberal that didn't believe in God and the fact that our military boys fight and die for our country so these fat asses can sit around and enjoy thier freedom of speech would not appreciate that.
;)B|

I appreciate everything soldiers do for us. And I believe in A God, not necessarily the Christian one that was implied.

I did not find it funny. I saw it coming a mile away and thought it was not very good. To me, it had nothing to really do with soldiers but that idea that because that professor did not believe in God and therefore was in difference of opinion with the SEAL, he should be beaten.

Great idea.

bleh [:/]

oh, and I lean towards libertarianism so I guess I am not a 'liberal'.

On another note. SEALS=BADASSES.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

God was really busy protecting America's soldiers

I have never understood the invocation of God to protect soldiers... what if the other side is praying to the same god to help protect them? Does God then have to pick a side? And how exactly does that work?
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

God was really busy protecting America's soldiers

I have never understood the invocation of God to protect soldiers... what if the other side is praying to the same god to help protect them? Does God then have to pick a side? And how exactly does that work?

Jesus, Weidlbblbuelue. Don't you frickin' get it? God plays favorites. God has favorite churches, countries, football teams, actors, and just people in general. If God didn't play favorites, how would we know who is better than everyone else??? I mean, what other way can people who get paid for a job sound higher and mightier if God didn't want it so?
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I personally like those "God decided to give me a challenge in life,faith and will" speeches players say when they throw out their knee. Everyone is a Job when they play sports.>:(

On the other hand, the story isn't true. It's been floating around the internet and chain mail letters for years. It's usually a redneck Marine though.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Who cares if it's factual or fiction. There is one thing that holds true regardless, and that is, that everyone is going to believe what they want to believe so quit trying to change everyone else's mind... :S

And apparently that God condones violence and likes war. Guess I missed that day during my seven years in the seminary.

People use God and a religion as a reason to get away with all sort of things. Most of them go against those teachings. This story is one of those things, even thou it is false and yet another one of those internet stories.

I spent 4 years in the Marines during the Vietnam War and now work around SEALS everyday. The older and smarter of them take to heart the history of warfare.

During WWI the British lost thousands gaining just 100 yards of ground. And the next day they lost thousands more defending it. Historians called it a war of attrition.

Wake up.

"War, what's it good for, nothing, say it again.

War is human kind's ultimate failure.

The only allure it holds is for the young and the dumb.

NickD
BASE 194

interesting how an innocent internet joke is creating such a discussion

And you're surprised, Le Roy? You've been on DZ.com long enough to know that even boobies ends up being a long discussion. :S
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Nick we all know the honor and success of the SEALs. Don't get caught up in this man. This is not a thread about SEALs. I have demonstrated in another post on this thread that SEALs are on here and have posted properly. This is a troll call for SEALs disguised with the properties of a god discussion that the god believers have taken hook, line, and sinker.