F16Driver

Pics from Iraq

My wingman and I got bored sitting alert the other day so we decided to get some pictures since we were in our gear anyway. Let me know what you think. I also have a few other ones in there as well.

Here's what I think. Who cares?

This overglorified boyscout jamboree has so far cost taxpayers over 1.5 trillion dollars, is destroying the economy, and is causnig the hugest defecit in American history.

If you want to find someone who cares, maybe you should write Bush and tell him about it, after all, he is the one who started this joke of what he labels a "war" in order to line his greedy pockets with oil contracts.

If you want to find someone who cares, maybe you should write Bush and tell him about it

how about we just call the waaa-bulance for you cuz no one asked, and this is way off topic and not asked for....

Nice pics bro. You are pretty cute and I like your ride :$.

Yeah, what she said. ;)

I'll third that. :$;)

"ME TOO" from London! :P Stay safe.

I'll 4th or 5th that...
That'a really friggin cool.

What number are we up to? Cuz I'll concur.

16's are so hot! I got to fly in the backseat of one when I was in college (ROTC) a few years back, and it was so much fun!!
(but I do have to agree with who ever said the A10's were cuter)

Be safe up there. And try not to get that jump in your log book... you wouldn't really be able to steer it well, and swooping.... rather unlikely. :P

Karen

I haven't seen pants like that since I got lost in Greenwich Village.:P

Yeah, I'm jealous. The whole thing looks sierra hotel to me.

BTW, who are better pilots, Air Force or Navy?

"Fighter pilots make movies; attack pilots make history." ~ "Flight of the Intruder
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

BTW, who are better pilots, Air Force or Navy?

Air National Guard pilots, of course. Mostly due to the experience. You can't throw a chair in my squadron without hitting a Lt Col or higher. Not many guys like me in the squadron that were hired off the street, the rest have come from active duty (Air Force, Navy, and Marines). Very cool learning from those guys.

I also like the Guard because you can still have a normal life and job, for the most part. Our deployments aren't too long (yet), but I will agree the Army Guard guys are being used way too much. Hopefully, that will be fixed. Otherwise, I think they're going to have some serious recruiting issues. More so than they have right now.

I appreciate the support. It is nice to here a thanks once in awhile, even though a lot of people don't agree with what's going on. That's their right to feel that way. Many men, way before this conflict, died to protect that right. If my leadership says I need to be here, then I'm here. Also, DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON THE NEWS!

As for the targeting pod pylon question. Only a few jets have the TARS pod. Everyone else has a targeting pod. You can't fly with both pods (the TARS can't cool it's avionics from the disturbed airflow from the Targeting Pod). We leave the pylon there so we can upload a Targeting Pod quickly if we have to download the TARS pod.

"I promise, I will never die."

If you look at the centerline station on the belly there is a large canoe looking thing. That is the TARS Pod, it takes really cool pictures and that's about it. I have a targeting pod on my jet so in case something happens, I can use my wingman as a "mule" and laze his bombs in.

what i was talking about is that there is no targetting pod on the jet in P1010001.jpg just the pylon.... normally if there is no pod they always remove the pylon too....

ever heard these guys do the "fighterpilot song"? www.dosgringosrocks.com/ it is soooo freaking funny!!!

Dos Gringos are legendary in the Viper community. My favorite is "2's Blind" and their "Jeremiah Weed Song". Funny stuff!

Dos Gringos are legendary in the Viper community. My favorite is "2's Blind" and their "Jeremiah Weed Song". Funny stuff!

My Crew Chiefs (I was a 21A) wanted to kill their stick actuators (Mx term for Pilot--see also "Flightsuit Insert" :ph34r:) after that song ("I'm a Pilot") came out...:P
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

My Crew Chiefs (I was a 21A) wanted to kill their stick actuators (Mx term for Pilot--see also "Flightsuit Insert" :ph34r:) after that song came out...:P

I forgot about that song. It's hilarious. Our crew chiefs love that song.

We don't like pissing off our crew chiefs, because if you do, you no fly!!!

Thanks for the great pictures and thanks for keeping our asses safe.

Safe from what? I dont need anyone keeping my ass safe, Im not helpless and fragile and I think I can manage that on my own.

Oh, yea, the War on Terrorsm, thats right. Kind of like the War on Drugs, where there never was any war on drugs, it was all just a big phoney political fiasco, just like this ridiculous iraq thing.

Jeez, i dont know why I waste my time. This whole country has gone insane, brainwashed by that idiot in the whitehouse. The economy is screwed up, jobs are being sent overseas, a middle east country as been plunged into anarchy by greedy politicians, and still, they cheer him on.

I wish some foreign country, ANY foreign country, would just come and take over this one. Any government has got to be better than this one. Commuist, fascist, dictorial, whatever, anything but this bullshit. I just cant take it anymore.

At least the majority of those in California see things my way, the last place in this country that makes any form of sense.

He's YOUR president, its YOUR war, I didnt elect that asshole, and I dont recognize him as a president. Just some crook who weasled his way into the whitehouse who puts us out of work and spends all of our tax dollars on stupid ridiculous bullshit.

Guest 1010
dude, get a clue ... this is the Bonfire ... B-O-N-F-I-R-E ... go on over to Speaker's Corner to talk politics. (Your post didn't even try to touch the OP's topic.)

"Politics, guns and religion and other sociological debates should be taken to the Speakers Corner"

F16Driver - sweet pics, nice ride, stay safe

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

You're entitled to your opinion, but this is not the right thread... not the right place. [:/]

You boys over there have my support.
F16 driver... carry on carrying on. B|

Yea I know, I just got to let it out somehow. What I need to be doing is writing Congressmen or something. But ofcourse, then I cant use profanity.

I just keep triying to ignore all of it but it just keeps getting harder to do.

I'll be lying if i say that i don't have issues with the Iraq war, but that's just my one opinion and not for this forum. But i wholeheartedly support the people over there putting their lives in danger doing their job and doing their best, and trying to make the world better. F16Driver, stay safe and keep up the good work!

Eugene

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Awesome pics!! Thanks for serving over there, I am in the National Guard, because of guys like you, we can enjoy ourselves here in the States, spend time with friends and family and jump. I have a lot of friends over there from the GA Guard, keep them safe from above!!!!
glad to be here!!