docdialtone

Other sources for used gear

I have posted a couple of "wanted ads" in the classified but haven't had any luck. I won't say what I'm looking for because I understand that is against the forum rules here. I have also contacted a couple of different companies-individuals that I have heard sell used gear but still no luck. Anyone know of a good place to look, other than e-bay.

Have you called Trent down at Spaceland? He's a great source for used gear in TX. PM me what you're looking for, I may have heard of something being sold in our great DZ "metroplex."

You can also check with the manufactures themselves. Many times they have used gear or demo gear sitting around that they would part with.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The item you are looking for is an extremely popular one and there are very few on the used market. The ones that are tend to be bought up very quickly. You may need to buy a new one.

What Phree said. There's such HUGE demand and such little supply of 190 canopies and reserve (basically new student gear) that sellers have no need to find buyers, the buyers come to them as soon as the gear is available. Be a little more proactive in searching or buy new.

Good luck either way !
PS I have been trying to buy a Spectre 190 for a freind for last 3 months - saw a total of 3 - and all went before I could get to them. CRAZY :)

The item you are looking for is an extremely popular one and there are very few on the used market. The ones that are tend to be bought up very quickly. You may need to buy a new one.

What Phree said. There's such HUGE demand and such little supply of 190 canopies and reserve (basically new student gear) that sellers have no need to find buyers, the buyers come to them as soon as the gear is available. Be a little more proactive in searching or buy new.

Good luck either way !
PS I have been trying to buy a Spectre 190 for a freind for last 3 months - saw a total of 3 - and all went before I could get to them. CRAZY :)

This is what happened to me. I have been looking for a used Spectre 190 for about 5 months now. Finally gave up looking and decided to buy new. Now it is just a waiting game!

To the OP, I can see the frustration of trying to buy used. Though, I would suggest buying use were you can and purchase the item your looking for new. It might cost a little extra, but sometimes it is the only thing that us 'newbies' can do to get into the sport! Good luck in your search!

How about a Raven reserve, think I saw a 212 on there. They land like shit, but at least they save your life. What size is your container?

There are a bunch of people that sell used gear that don't advertise what they have. Off hand: pier ltd, western parachute sales, baddog services. Also contact your local riggers, they tend to have things like this laying around.

-trunk
HYPOXIC

How about a Raven reserve, think I saw a 212 on there. They land like shit, but at least they save your life.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ravens land fine as long as you don't over-load them.
IOW As long as exit weight is below 212 pounds, a 212 square foot Raven will land him softly.

I have posted a couple of "wanted ads" in the classified but haven't had any luck. I won't say what I'm looking for because I understand that is against the forum rules here. I have also contacted a couple of different companies-individuals that I have heard sell used gear but still no luck. Anyone know of a good place to look, other than e-bay.

You talk to the 23-69 people who take one of the beers you buy for graduating from the student program, doing your first hop-and-pop, or getting your A-license.

You: "Man, now all I gotta do is get a rig with a 190 main and reserve"

Joe Jumper: "I have a big rig sitting in my closet..."