SarahC07

College Students...(and college graduates)

Right now I go to LTU in Chatsworth and I study Digital Animatin and Special Effects. I'll be finished in a few months.

In the summer, from June 25th to July 25th I will be attending Harvard University in Boston also studying Digial Animation.

I have been an artist since I can remember, mostly hand drawn stuff. But now a days, everything is digital, so I decided to put my skills to the test... and so far, everything is A-OK.

Attached is an example of what I do, it's just a still pic.

Finished up at the Georgia Institute of Technology last May, with a BS in Management, focused in IT.

Went in as a Computer Science major, but that got old real fast. Decided to give some Management courses a try right around the same time I started skydiving. Spending time skydiving and running the Skydiving Club turned out to be a crap ton more fun than spending time doing schoolwork, so I stuck with the (significantly less time-consuming) management classes. Now part of my job involves telling CS people what to do, so I think I made the right choice.

Started pre-med, started the app for med school (it was the last year you could apply without having completed an undergrad degree), figured out I didn't really want a career listening to people whine, had a nack for PCs, jumped into CS - found it a bazillion times easier and subsequently picked up Business Admin along the way as well.

My motto the whole time was, 'I'm here for the women, I'm just getting a degree on the side'

Went to U of Maryland College Park until I graduated May last year. (ep, made itout in four)

I majored in Criminology and Criminal Justice because I wanted to be a cop.

Got cold feet on the cop thing, had some pressures towards another job and I took it. I'm still suffering the consequences and trying to get back on track to be a cop.

Find what you like, take it and do it, even when you get nervous. You can always change jobs a few years down the road.

My one piece of advice is find a career placement for your first post grad employment. Don't settle for another job. Even if you don't make it your life's work, start a career. It makes things so much easier later on.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I go to Georgia State University and the school says my major is Anthropology. But there is no way I'm doing that. I'm kinda deciding between Sociology and History right now. Leaning more toward Sociology though. Don't know why I decided to go to college. I guess it was the right thing to do..........
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

ah... im college... im in college... oo..oo... pickme!!

ah
I got to LSU and study military history, and military science. I am going to graduate in about 2 years.
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.

you sure ask a lot of damn questions! :D
So, who are the college students? me

What year are you?
10th year senior!:S
What university do you attend? UALR (aka university of last resort)
What is your major and how did you decide what you wanted to study? Business mgt, there was a map like thingy and I threw a dart at it... sounded good to me. Hell who knows, Ive only changed majors like 5 times...

Heck, even if you're not in college anymore... how did you know what you wanted to study?
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Lancaster University, England

Law Degree LLB, with minor in culture media and communication.

2nd year

Dont know how I decided really, until about a month before I went to university I was going to a Geography degree, I guess you just know! Having said that, Im not really liking law, and right now I am HATING revision...7 exams in 10 days isnt very nice!! :P

Bxx
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1

i'm a senior at wright state university in ohio and i am a chemistry major. i took general chem for a science requirement while i was a psychology major and i liked chem better than psy.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

I'm on my 5th year at Kansas State University I started in Econ at Kansas Weslyn University then came to KSU in international business, then they dropped Int Business so I took marketing, then I switched to Economics, then back to Marketing and doing a minor in Econ instead and NOW I'll just finish my marketing and econ and do MIS instead in Florida. I'm a professional student ;)
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

I'm currently getting some basic core classes out of the way at a community college.I'll be transfering to Sam Houston State University as a sophomore double majoring in Criminal Justice (probably with a specialization in Criminalistics) and Psychology in August.B|

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

BSCS - NJU 1998
MSIS - Drexel 2001

I knew that computer stuff was just my thing. The job outlook was really good back in 1992 (or so). The money seemed good enough. There were companies willing to put me to work without a degree when I got started and they paid for me to go to school while working. That's about it.

I'm graduating in May from the University of Kansas with my B.S. in Aerospace Engineering and more than likely will be returning in the fall to start working on a M.S. in Aerospace Engineering. I've always liked anything to do with flying so it seemed like a fairly natural step for me.

Austin

have a finance degree and work in construction management. A degree is a degree, ok a business degree is a business degree, so unless you want into a specific type of work, ie medical, engineering, law, etc., just get a degree and figure out what you want to do in life, and then change your mind 10000 times.

Yeah, what Perky said. B|

I graduated from Tarleton State University (176 miles up Hwy 6B|) with a degree in Agricultural Services and Development. I have a teaching certificate and could teach high school ag. I went to work out of college for a meat packing company. Now i own an air conditioning and heating company.B| It doesn't matter what you major in (almost) as long as you finish and get a degree, you can change later.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I guess i like minors. B|

LoL...Forgot about those...here...: History, English, Japanese, Asian Studies(general), and there are even a couple more I qualify for...go figure...:D:ph34r:

~R+R:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Sarah,
I would wait until you have a fairly good idea what you want to study. All colleges are not created equally. For instance: If you want to study engineering, you would not go to Wm & Mary or Brown, you would go to MIT or Stanford. If you wanted to study History, you would do the opposite. That is assuming you are hella smart, or wicked rich. If not, the same advice applies. Pick your area of interest, then pick the school. Good luck.