unformed

what are cool (or uncool) skydiving dreams you've had?

my most memorable was one where i jumped out of a jet, played around in the air, landed on a cloud, had a picnic, then jumped off and played around some more ....

i really wonder if the dream was caused by events that had happened that night ...

but anyways, what have you had?
This ad space for sale.

At titusville (why I cant jump there anymore) I cant find a out for where I am at, except the swamp... I flare and I land on a gator... he is pissed, Im trying to save the rental gear and he bites my leg off but spits it out... it fades into me hoping down the road a leg in one hand and the safe daisy chained canopy in the other [:/]
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

When I was going through AFF I would go to sleep thinking about the jump sequence and I would dream I was actually doing it flawlessly. When I finally did the jumps for real they went really well too.

Then I had a dream that I had a malfunction and while I was trying to get out of it I was sort of taken to a place that was something like what christians would call heaven and I was told by these extraordinary beings that I was not going to die. They told me the date that I would die and how I would die and then they sent me back down to my malfunctioning canopy and I somehow managed to land it. It was torn to shreds too. I woke up and wrote the date down. I can't remember it now but I think I posted it on here the next day.

I've had dreams where I went in without pulling and I was so embarrassed that I'd get up and pull my pilot chute out so everyone would think I had a mal of some sort and wasn't so dumb that I forgot to pull.

I used to dream that I could fly quite often before I ever started skydiving.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

a uncool one I've had that has stayed with me from my training days:

coming to- in freefall with one young son clutched under each arm and scanning ground below for best "landing area"...woke up

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

One in particular a few years ago: A bunch of us were flying in an Otter to a distant DZ. Inside, it's kinda like somebody's living room. Plenty of space, furniture, and we're all walking around, sitting on the couch, etc. Nobody's wearing rigs, as they're stored away with the luggage. As we approach the DZ, four people opened the plexigalss door and got into position to take the 4-way chunk out. Some of us see what is happening and try to stop them, but they call the count and pull off a stable piece. A moment later they realize what they've just done and the look of horror on their faces is impossible to describe...

Another dream that has occurred several times is the malfunction/cutaway dream. The action begins plenty high enough, but it takes SOOOO long to pull the handles and wait for the reserve to deploy (sort of like those running-through-the-water dreams.) Finally, the (round) reserve begins to inflate and barely slows me down before I land.

Cheers,
Jon S.

too many to recall, but some of the more memorable ones...

this one recurs often... my friends are all jumping, but i'm stuck on the ground w/o a rig... but i lay my head back and spred my arms out and i lift off the ground and ascend into the air and I'm rising and falling, rising and falling at will.

another one... I jump w/ a rig, playing around in the sky, pull too low, hit the ground at either line stretch or partial inflation but I don't suffer any damage. bizarre.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

I have had the one where i pull low but walk away. i just remember being like shit! then being like oh well never mind...lets do that again.

exactly!! I hope I never get like that in real life...

I still dream of Chris Martin, too. :(

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Over the years I have never bounced. I have jumped with Jim Morisson from the Doors, Greg Brady from the Brady bunch, and many others. My most memorable was not even jumping. I was dirt diving a sequential 60 or 80 way with Mary Bauer, from the World Team. She is also one of my DZOs. We were dirt diving and getting ready to jump. We all looked up and watched a 60 or 80 way disapear behind a shower house just to our North. I think it was Eloy. Then body part and jumps suits, helmets and more came flying over the building we didn't even move. Mary turned to me and said "more room on the airplane for us" and away we went to make the jump.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

i Keep on having the recurring dream of a malfunctioning main (differnt mals each time) and then when i go to cut away and deploy the reserve, i end up pulling the reserve handle, not far enough to deploy but just out of the keeper, realising the fatal error i was about to make, and then reach to cut away first, and then deploy just fine, i always wake up right after

Reciently, I dreamt I did a jump (I don't recall the goal of the jump... In fact seem to recall being the last out... and being rushed by the pilot...)

After I jumped I discovered that my right arm just would not reach back to grab my PC...:o and then when I go for my reserve handle that arm doesn't work either...:o:o

Fortunately I didn't discover what it felt like to bounce as I woke up in a flash... :o[sigh] it turns out my arms weren't working because I was lying on them :S:P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

In a dream I had a couple of years ago I made a freeflyjump, landed on a blimp. Then I changed to a baserig. It must have been a baserig 'cause the blimp was just about a 300ft in the air. After a very short canopyride I landed... right outside where my grandmother lives.

And then I woke up B|

<>

another one... I jump w/ a rig, playing around in the sky, pull too low, hit the ground at either line stretch or partial inflation but I don't suffer any damage. bizarre.

I have the same, except I sort of get up then all my vision goes black and I guess thats the end of the road! B|

I've had skydiving dreams for the last three or four nights. I think it's related to flying day trips to FL and spending the night in MN.

Yesterday I flew over Lake Wales and Z Hills. Saw a plane that I thought was a jump plane at Lake Wales.

Anyway, my dreams seem to be happy ones, suited up, climbing out, spotting, seeing cool things from the air, jumping and flying, all good stuff.

Waking up kinda sucks, would love to keep flying around.

Cheers,

Mo

I have skydiving dreams almost every night and they're usually pretty good. I haven't stood up a landing yet but in my dreams i always stand them up but for some reason i'm always coming in really really fast and i get really scared but somehow i land on my feet and i'm fine. I had a strange one the other night though...i was jumping with an instructor but we were in space and i could see the earth really far away and my instructor was just flying next to me and i would throw the pc and it kept getting wrapped around my leg, so we would just stop the skydive and start over until i got it right. I never even landed in that dream.

I have 0 jumps.

But, I jumped out of a big plane, static line, the main got so messed up i was just falling like a motherfucker, I cut away, used my reserve, and was a pretty fun ride! I did a perfect landing and everyone was like, woa man nice one.

Of course my RAPS is probably going to be, perfect openning, shit landing.

B|
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.