johng3592

Need freebag for Stunts Eclipse Container (TSO?)

Well, I had my first cutaway in 20 years yesterday. My freebag went into the woods and we could not locate it.

The company "Stunts" that made my Eclipse rig went out of business some years ago, AFAIK. How do I get a freebag (which needs to be TSO'd) in this situation?

The best option I've thought of so far is to get a freebag that's a close match from one of the active manufacturers since it will be TSO'd.

Suggestions?

When Stunts went out of business, I believe Bill Dause at the Parachute Center in Lodi, CA bought all remaining systems and parts for the Eclipse tandem system. He may have done the same with the rest of their inventory.

http://www.parachutecenter.com/

Another great resource would be Handsome Dave DeWolf at ParaLoft:

http://www.paraloft.com/
Arrive Safely

John

Yes, Bill Dause now owns the Eclipse TSO, which allows him to sew Eclipse spare parts (i.e. freebag).
However, Bill will probably tell you to install a Vector freebag.
Just ask your local FAA Master Rigger to confirm that you have the correct size of Vector freebag.
Freebag size is determined by the pack volume of the reserve canopy and the size (length, width, and thickness) of your Eclipse reserve container.
If the Vector freebag is slightly too big, no problem. However, if the Vector freebag is too small, then it will be difficult to pack, and you will lose fashion points because of all the wrinkles.
Tee!
Hee!
Compatibility is easy to check with both components in hand.

I too lost mine in a cutaway. I got an Eclipse freebag at Skydive Monterey Bay CA about a year ago. They had a limited amount of new Stunts Eclipse parts. Is it just me or is your Eclipse the most comfortable fitting rig you've ever jumped? Comfort is why I hang on to mine even though it has become sort of an orphan as far as mfr support goes.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.