WhoseNuts

Opinions on this deal?

Ok I am in the military and currently stationed in iraq, i emailed wings, and a couple other manufacturers about discounts for military, I got this quote back... I was wondering what all the extra stuff is and what the hell it does. I am really new to this sport so, I have no clue, and the most important question is, IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?

Proprietary manufacturer-to-customer quote removed by slotperfect

Get in contact with a dealer. You don't have to order through that dealer, but have them explain what all these options are. While you're talking to them, also ask about a main, reserve, and an AAD. Chances are you won't be able to buy any of those direct from a manufacture anyway.

My advice - buy used!

Canuck

Yes it is a better deal than most people get. it is 35% off bade container and 15% off options.

Wings offer 50% off the base container and options at retail.

A fully loaded wings container will be around $1200usd with the military discount. That includes nearly all options.

Both military discounts are excellent.

Options you may want to consider for both are pinstripes etc, collapsible pilot chute, spacer foam for comfort or at least a backpad. Hackey handle and cut in laterals if going for the wings.

If you ask nicely vector may also do cut in laterals for you as they have for a customer of mine.

If you need any help with yuor order feel free to email me at [email protected] and i will be more than happy to help you place the order without making any profit on top of your discount.

I will be more than happy to answer any questions you have via email in regards to any options and can also give you feedback from customers of mine in regards to options.

I would also suggest you consider stainless steel on your container but personally it is not something i have ever bothered about, though all my customers seem to.

Anyway, i will be more than happy to talk you through everything if you have skype or can do it through email.

If you do not require my assistance, just know both military discounts are excellent and are better than the price we dealers get them for.

With the wings i suggest you budget spending about $1200-$1560 for a fully loaded wings vision container and around $1800-$2200 for a fully loaded m-series container from UPT.

Taxes are not needed if you are shipping it out of state being florida.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

You definitely do not "need" a hackey or monkeyfist, in fact hackeys have caused some "interesting" malfunctions mainly when wingsuiting, there is nothing wrong with the old plastic handle :S

The plastic PVC pipe thing not only is more difficult to grab it also looks ridiculous even on a student rig. IMHO "I need" something different than a Home Depot special.
There was an incident not too long ago at my dropzone where somebody got their finger stuck in the pipe and had a malfunction.
Go figure.

Right, of course looks are soooo important :S

Of course stuffing a cork in it or ducktaping it solves the getting your finger stuck problem should you be so careless. I suggest you look up the pics of the hackey-induced malfunctions. They sure look real good :S

ciel bleu,
Saskia

personally i liked the plastic-thingy better. looks like shit tough..

now, the best system of course comes from basik.. :) and for 2'400$ or so, you have ALL the options in the basic price. there's no upgrading!

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Hey man I just got back from Afghanistan 2 weeks ago and while I was over there last year I ordered all my stuff from Joannie at Sunshine Factory.

I had gotten a WINGS container at the 50% off discount. I tell you though I have jumped it about a dozen times since I have been back and I have the upgraded backpad and legpads as well as the cutin laterals. I must say that it is very comfortable. I mean at first the rig is a little stiff but after about 5 jumps it started to loosen up a bit. I truly believe that it is a great container. It took me a few packjobs to get use to the fact that the closing loops is located on the bottom of the reserve container but all is well now.

I also went with all PD canopies and I recieved 25% off of my Sabre2 190 as well as my PDReserve 176. The only companies that do not offer a discount for the military are the AAD manufacturers. But, with my Wings container, Sabre2, PDReserve and my VIGIL2 AAD as well as the options I had gotten I had payed 5437.46 and that included the inspection, assembly and reserve repack. I enjoy everything I bought and it was well worth it so I hope you have fun on deciding what to get
EXPECT THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!

personally i liked the plastic-thingy better. looks like shit tough..

now, the best system of course comes from basik.. :) and for 2'400$ or so, you have ALL the options in the basic price. there's no upgrading!

including a Skyhook?;)

only whusses need a skyhook.. :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda