SkydiveStMarys

Do you believe in Ghosts?

Why I ask.....

I have a neighbor that recently moved into an old friends house. This friend of mine passed away in her sleep. She was 25, I am not sure if she died because of an OD or if it was due to an allergic reaction to some meds that she was taking at the time (I don't have the heart to ask her parents). Her husband died 6 months (age 26) BEFORE her, due to drinking himself to death (dumbass) in a neighbors garage (think Jim Morrison). Both such tragic deaths and they both died way too soon. They left behind a 3 yr old son. Well anyway...the new tenants of the house swear that it is haunted. They have seen her in her robe walking the hallway. They are moving out of the house ASAP. They have only lived there for about 6 months.

Have y'all ever witnessed a ghostly encounter? "Sensed" something? Felt something?

I'm not sure what to make of this...I'm not a true believer, never really "witnessed" something, BUT I don't discount the "whole ghost" thing either. The subject fascinates me...always has.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I have a friend who's son and wife have seen ghosts in the 275 year old house they used to live in. His son called one the "scary" lady. Can you imagine being 4 years old and finding some "scary" lady in your room? The kid is a lot calmer now that they live in a 2-yo house which is "ghost-free". In the old house a woman had killed herself in the boy's bedroom.

Yeah...the tenants that want to move out have small kids....the 6 yr old girl has talked to my kids...what she has to say about seeing the ghosts makes my hair stand on end. This little girl is VERY sincere when she talks about the ghosts.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Hell, yeh.

I have had so many mad experiences when it comes to ghostly things I can't even remember all of them. As a kid I just thought it was normal being able to see and feel ghosts.

I suppose the most memorable because it was her, was just after my Gran passed away. She was a bit unusual to say the least and talked to the dead and all that stuff. Bit of an old witch really, but a good one.

The day before her funeral I had this huge cricket just sat at the bottom of my bed (it was the middle of the winter) It just stayed there all night and I was affraid of it. So I started writing all this stuff down to take my mind off of it and to stop myself falling asleep (and it crawling into my mouth).

Next thing I knew I had wrote this very detailed verse of words that my Gran would have said to my mother. I gave it to my mother and she just creased saying it was just the sort of thing she would have said and it answered so many questions she had unanswered. I was only 9 at the time so I did not really understand grown up stuff, but I had put it down. My mum still has it to this day in a very safe place.

The day of her funeral all I could smell all day was her. She had a very powerful natural, sweet smell about her and it was everywhere. In my room, in the car, even in the cuboards when I opened them. It was overwhelming.

I suppose this experience is more what you would call channelling as opposed to the outright, hey look there is a ghost! Although I have seen them too.

As long as the spirit is benevolent and you don't expect it to give you the answer to the universe, I would'nt mind who I share my home with. As long as they stayed out of the shower!

I had an experience once. My family has a summer cottage that we bought when I was 9 years old. We were up there one weekend, and my brother, mom and dad went for a walk with our dog. It was in the evening right around sunset. I decided to stay inside and watch a little TV. At the time, I had gerbils, who were at our cottage with us. They were always making a lot of noise. This one night, they were chewing on a paper towel roll, when I started to get a weird sensation. Like I wasn't alone. I got up sorta looked outside, no one was around, so I went to sit back down on the couch. The TV which was on and didn't have a remote control was about 5 feet away from me. At this time, I also had the TV topics on my lap, so I could see if there was anything worth while to watch. The lights were on as well, since it was starting to get dark out, and I was reading. All of a sudden, my gerbils got real quiet, and I started to get a weird vibe. All of a sudden, the lights flickered on and off, 3 times, I felt as if something went through me (it felt like a bolt of energy or something like that), the TV Topics shook on my lap, and the TV went off. It all happened within seconds. After the TV went off, the gerbils started making noise again, and that weird feeling went away. I went to the TV, and turned it back on (first assuming, maybe the picture tube died or something), but it went right back on with no problems. I was pretty freaked out at the time. Still don't have any idea what that could have been. So, i'll have to say 'yes to believing in ghosts'

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Kids are way more likely to see ghosts because they have a beter imagination that a lot of adults - and that is what ghosts are, in your mind. Don't get me wrong, you can have a creepy experience, a room or something feel odd, but if you went back with lots of lights on and a few friends the 'ghostly atmosphere' would be gone!
x
Leeds University Skydiving Club
www.skydiveleeds.co.uk

yep.

There are physical cues that can trigger a "creepy feeling" or a feeling that someone is in the room, etc. A billowing drape out of the corner of your eye, the timbers in the house creaking, etc.

My brother's wife has these store manequins in her house. She has one of them in their large bathroom. When you glimpse a mannequin out of the corner of your eye you can really FEEL that there is another person present.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------