baconwings

PdeF electra

Exit weight is 105 kg? Then you get a WL of 1.35 which is very high for someone with 60 jumps regardless of which canopy. You are already OVER the "experienced" category of the sabre 170, which is the highest category there is besides "max". IMO you should be flying a 230-210 sqft canopy for wingload of 1.0 to 1.1 which is recommended for up to 100-200 jumps.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

It is too small for you. Tell them thanks but no thanks.

Unless of course you're one of those people that come on here looking for that one post that supports the decision that they have already made. Regardless of how much good advice they get, most are just looking for some one that is going to agree with them. :P

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

As i'm new to the sport i don't pretend to know anything and i do take in every bit of advice given thats the whole point of these forums, but after having done 30 good landing jumps on a 170 in different conditions the thought of going back to a 230 is exactly that 'going backwards' maybe i'm wrong but just the thought of it depresses me![:/]

As i'm new to the sport i don't pretend to know anything and i do take in every bit of advice given thats the whole point of these forums, but after having done 30 good landing jumps on a 170 in different conditions the thought of going back to a 230 is exactly that 'going backwards' maybe i'm wrong but just the thought of it depresses me![:/]

You & I are about the same weight...ever try a 190?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Depressing is being part of the titanium club and watching every one else jump while healing. Take a good look at bill Vons downsizing checklist http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/safety/detail_page.cgi?ID=47 I’ve had great landing and was looking to speed up my down sizing but more jumps and his list made me re-evaluate some of those thoughts. I’m at a 1.1 WL with a 190 and gland I did take advice of others and stay with a 190 for now.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

We are pretty much at the same spot when I started. I listened to the experienced skydivers and my dealer, and got a 210. Yes it's slow, docile an will(at least I got) get boring after some 50 jumps, But I had a different approach to my CP. I started playing with frontrisers on it early and got coaching by Brian Germain. After that I did 180 hook turns and got some 60ft swoops out of it. And when I got smaller wings above my head, this training payed off. Instead of having a canopy that you don't dare to go on frontrisers on, and wait until you're are at a WL of 1.3, is potentially dangerous. With a 210/190 you may start playing with risers HIGH up first, then progress down to landings after doing a hookturn. But still, if you get low, you'll have plenty of fabric over you to dig yourself out. And you'll need it if you're interested in hook'n because the chance of getting low some time is there.
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no