MarkTL

Dont Forget your Visor

Was doing a coach jump this weekend and forgot to put on my visor. My ears are killing me now....anyone now how long the pain will last? Lesson learned always put on your visor

for your amusement-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfUVxmx1DM&feature=channel_page
Live life with no regrets

Was doing a coach jump this weekend and forgot to put on my visor. My ears are killing me now....anyone now how long the pain will last? Lesson learned always put on your visor

for your amusement-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfUVxmx1DM&feature=channel_page

I am not sure why your ear problem would be caused by not putting down your visor.

The outside air pressure is not dependant on the visor being up or down I regularly jump without a full face and have no issues with my ears.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

When I ride my motorcycle on colder than average days the cold wind in my ears will give me an earache as I geneally don't wear a helmet. On the other hand I always wear a helmet while skydiving and it seems to protect my ears enough that I don't get earaches. Maybe try earplugs.

To add: I wear a bonehead Rat Hat which is a a full face helmet with no visor so I do get some wind through there but not enough to bother me. I also can get an earache just being out in a cold cold wind.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

I am not sure why your ear problem would be caused by not putting down your visor.

One theory: On certain helmets when the visor is upwards, the air deflects off the visor and into the helmet, increasing air pressure around your ear area because the wind is now blowing into your face...