BirdWoman

Alti-2 Rocks!

Yup, they do! I sent my old neptune unit in to have a few buttons replaced. They went above and beyond my expectations and rather than fix my old unit, they sent me a new one. Usually all you hear is the bad, so here is some good for a change. THANKS ALTI-2! YOU GUYS ROCK!
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

My battery always seem to last pretty long. I use it every weekend, sometimes 6-8 jumps a day, and I can't recall changing the battery any less than every 3 months or so. Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe it's the battery itself...:S

"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

My battery always seem to last pretty long. I use it every weekend, sometimes 6-8 jumps a day, and I can't recall changing the battery any less than every 3 months or so. Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe it's the battery itself...

Maybe you were being sarcastic?

But that doesn't seem that good to me, I have an altitrack that has mechanical parts and never turns off. I have had it longer than a year and use it most days and have done over 500 jumps and the battery is not even showing any signs of weakening on the battery life meter.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

But that doesn't seem that good to me, I have an altitrack that has mechanical parts and never turns off. I have had it longer than a year and use it most days and have done over 500 jumps and the battery is not even showing any signs of weakening on the battery life meter.

Agreed, my altitrack is over 18 months old and has about 200 jumps. Its still going strong. Of course the altitrack battery has roughly 2.2x the capacity (and cost) of the battery in a Neptune.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

Alti 2 would rock if

... they worked in the cold ... batteries lasted more than a month ... body didnt crack ... strap didnt fall apart ... software was glitch free ( too many problems to list )... buttons didnt need huge force to operate and yes I know ....send it back and they will fix it ... just got fed up with the eternal circle of... it goes fucked -send it back - get another one... etc etc

Saved myself future hassle and got a Viso

Saved myself future hassle and got a Viso

I agree. I've gone through 3 neptunes in the past year and half. One due to water damage, another time on a jump it blanked out, and just recently the thing just won't turn on. New batteries don't fix the problems but luckily the service of ALti-2 is excellent. I like the neptune when it works because it has all the features of L&B in one. But I did have to buy a viso.
Na' Cho' Cheese