danornan

Medical Info Carrier for your Helmet

In the Incidents Forum, I mentioned something that I have attached to my motorcycle helmet for safety contact information.

I have been contacted several times off line for information on the vinyl pocket that attachés to the outside of your skydiving helmet that contained WHO TO CONTACT and MEDICAL information. Here it is:

The Medical Information Carrier System (MICS for short) is a plastic pouch that adheres to the outside of your helmet, along with a two-sided information form that you fill out with medical information. The form contains space for emergency contact information, brief medical history, and other data that emergency personnel might need.

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=MICS

I've ordered 10 and will order more to give away at Z-Hills as soon as they come in. They are $2.00 each. Since I just found out that I won the Super Bowl pool last night I'll buy these for whoever wants one at Z-Hills.....

size is 2" X 1" and stick on...
Dano

I had this same thought. I contacted the medic alert company, and they said they would issue bracelets for skydivers. They fully supported the idea, so that is another option. They said they would include all the things you mentioned, and also include the fact that many skydivers pass away from internal injuries.

You want the guy who was just involved in a 10 car pile-up because your helmet went through his windshield to be able to find you?

Medical info is one thing. But contact info so you can get your helmet back???

My protec helmet rolled down the floor and out the gap on the skyvan at Z-hills one day in 1996 while the plane was right over the city because I didn't secure it while talking to my friend behind me. I'd think it a good thing there was no contact info on it. :$
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You want the guy who was just involved in a 10 car pile-up because your helmet went through his windshield to be able to find you?

Medical info is one thing. But contact info so you can get your helmet back???

My protec helmet rolled down the floor and out the gap on the skyvan at Z-hills one day in 1996 while the plane was right over the city because I didn't secure it while talking to my friend behind me. I'd think it a good thing there was no contact info on it. :$

"Secure yer shit dumb-ass!" :P

~What good is medical info, without something also in there regarding WHO's medical info...after ya lost your Pro-tec, did ya borrow somebody else's brain bucket??

If so, what if the sawbones DNR'd ya by mistake? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I could drop helmets all day everyday at my dropzone and never ever cause a 10 car pile up. We need to run an extensive marketing campaign to get 10 cars on the road at the same time.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein