Brains

I am a computer idiot

My home pc is having trouble with my cd/dvd drive AND my cd burner. When i pull up "my computer" they both show up (icons) when i try to use either drive, they disappear and don't work:S Yes, the icons literally disappear from the screen. I have tried the dell support solutions of uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers(windows XP) to no avail. Anyone have any other suggestions i could try??

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Replace the Drive. The "Drivers" that they speak of are in-box to windows XP. I dont know that you can un-install and re-install Windows XP native drivers...

Crapples are much better now that they are basically running an nix box. They have become a whole lot more stable of an operating platform. Also for editing and graphics I will have to admit that Macs do that very well. The only reasion there isn't as much support out there for mac is untill recently it was still very very propriatory. Still is by comparison when looking at the PC.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192