stratostar

Great deals to be found on ebay

Here is a great deal for those needing a rig...http://cgi.ebay.com/Sport-Rig-Rapid-Transit-System-Parachute_W0QQitemZ150125918615QQihZ005QQcategoryZ70990QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Who do you think these clowns are marketing too?:S
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

That shit scares me. It really does. I don't know what is worse - that some rigger out there would inspect and give the okay for someone to sell that rig in that fashion, or the fact that some young excited jumper just might show up at the DZ with that and get their heart broken when they find out they got screwed....
=========Shaun ==========

It might be airworthy and safe to jump, BUT it's worth only about 50 to 100.00 bucks tops. 1200.00 is a joke.

WARNING: JOKE FOLLOWS (and how I wish I didn't have to make it so obvious)

New Flight Concepts Firefly: $1200
New 24' light-weight round (substitute for Preserve-3): $700
New FXC 12000: $900
New Mirage container (with Rapid Transit TSO): $2500.

Total: $5300.

Take off a little for depreciation, dealer overhead, etc., and it's still a great deal.

Folks pay extra for classic cars. Why not for classic rigs?

Be sure to get video when you take it to your rigger (who will not be me) for inspection and repack. Keep a straight face, act like you're serious.

Mark

Yea when I'm done jumping all of mine I can make a small fortune.B|

unstable:

heart broken when they find out they got screwed....

That is one of the reasons why I posted this, so the young ones who we see all the time on here asking "is this a good deal or not" would see some of the crap people try to sell off on ebay. It's also the second time in a few months I have seen this same ad.

That is one of the reasons why I posted this, so the young ones who we see all the time on here asking "is this a good deal or not" would see some of the crap people try to sell off on ebay. It's also the second time in a few months I have seen this same ad.

Good Thinking. I was talking bout it in another thread, but I've had a few "LOOK AT MY NEW RIG EVERYBODY!!!" surprises from new jumpers like that when they show up at the DZ ready to jump.....[:/]
=========Shaun ==========

It does note that its a collectible but I dont think you could pay me enough to jump that antique over priced ugly piece of crap

my DOM 1992 sabre 170 is going to be scary enough to jump. At least my mirage G3 is from 98 and i paid 1500 for that combo with the reserve. Why would i pay 300 less for that junk?

Id rather go with, SHOULD work than MIGHT work

The problem is he probably won't. Some warbird pilot will decide he needs to wear an antique parachtue too. I've educated most of them around here. The oldest one I've been asked to pack it 1953.

The rapid transit is probably as air worthy as some of the crap I used to jump. But it doesn't need to be in the air for that much money. It probably should not be in the air at all except as a nostalgic jump. I hope the rigger is over charging 10x too.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah!
But it is genuine Mekong River Delta rust.

This sort of $#@! allows SF wannabes to buy bragging rights with their drinking buddies. Their drinking buddies usually missed the draft because of some mysterious "medical reason."

sounds like a deal
-5 cells - packs smaller, right?
-only 11 years old, i'm older than that and i still work - most of the time
-certified, whatever that means
-and FAA Master Rigger. OK, better that UL

Date of MFG 1997
Ser. No. 20997S
Placed in Service Sept. 1997
MFG by Paraflite Inc.
Certified
This Parachute was inspected and certified by an independent FAA Certified Licensed Master Rigger who we have used for 30 years.
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Surely nobody, not even a naive newbie, would pay that much for this old gear... would they??? Do beginners actually spend big bucks on gear without checking with experienced jumpers first? Man, I sure hope not.

I was lucky on eBay back in the late 90s when I decided to get active again. The DZ wouldn't let me jump my old rig (PC and round reserve) so I had to get modern gear. Looked on eBay and got a Vector V9? (decent rig but NOT Cypres capable, reserve pack tray too narrow), Fury 220 and a Raven 2 and an Altimaster 2 altimeter all for $350. The gear was old, but in really great shape. Had to get an RSL and BOC conversion but it served me well until I upgraded. EBay is a market for scoundrel sellers, but there are some decent deals on there for beginners once in a while.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Surely nobody, not even a naive newbie, would pay that much for this old gear... would they??? Do beginners actually spend big bucks on gear without checking with experienced jumpers first? Man, I sure hope not.

You want to bet on that?

Stupid is as stupid dose.:S

I was lucky on eBay back in the late 90s when I decided to get active again. The DZ wouldn't let me jump my old rig (PC and round reserve) so I had to get modern gear. Looked on eBay and got a Vector V9? (decent rig but NOT Cypres capable, reserve pack tray too narrow), Fury 220 and a Raven 2 and an Altimaster 2 altimeter all for $350. The gear was old, but in really great shape. Had to get an RSL and BOC conversion but it served me well until I upgraded. EBay is a market for scoundrel sellers, but there are some decent deals on there for beginners once in a while.

Stupid people will ALWAYS find a way to get fucked. I buy/sell plenty on eBay and see it both ways. For the most part the buyers ask enough questions. and seller represent their items properly. I would hope to say that I am NOT a scoundrel seller, I refuse to list certain things that I think are much better off sold by word of mouth (such as pocket rocket canopies, BASE rigs, etc).

I met a guy who had bought a rig without asking anyone, heavy guy, 30 jumps, rig had a vengeance 107 :S

Saskia,

I guess if you met him post purchase he hadn't jumped it yet. That is NUTS. Hope you straightened him out.

I had a guy refuse to sell me a 170 when I was getting back into jumping. I weighed 190. He told me to go really big for at least 30 jumps then work down in small steps. All my prior jumps had been on rounds. He said age as well as weight should be considered in canopy sizing as older people have slower reactions and more fragile bodies. I didnt like hearing that, but he was right. I jumped a 220 and eventually worked down to a Tri 190. No close calls, no bad landings.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

The guy had bought the rig off of a truck driver, of course I told him not to jump it... Luckily the truck driver did take the rig back eventually and was apparently horrified at having sold a rig like that to a newbie, said he hadn't realised. Yeah right [:/]
And the jumper got referred to the nice convenient gear-store-slash-rigger we have on our DZ ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Hi 377,

Vector V9? (decent rig but NOT Cypres capable, reserve pack tray too narrow),

I think a V-9 is 450 cu in or 500 cu in reserve tray; I cannot see why a CYPRES would not fit.

Also, are you sure on the Raven 2 and not a Raven 3? I would think that a Raven 2 would be very loose in there.

Just a thought,

JerryBaumchen

Hi 377,

Vector V9? (decent rig but NOT Cypres capable, reserve pack tray too narrow),

I think a V-9 is 450 cu in or 500 cu in reserve tray; I cannot see why a CYPRES would not fit.

Also, are you sure on the Raven 2 and not a Raven 3? I would think that a Raven 2 would be very loose in there.

Just a thought,

JerryBaumchen

Maybe it was a V7? I spoke with Nancy LaRivere (sp?) who looked up the drawings. She told me it was designed to be really thin for Twin Beech loads. Raven 2 was a normal fit so I guess it was not a V9. I went to three riggers all of whom said no way on a Cypres install. I jumped without a Cypres for a while then, with 2 kids, thought better of it and upgraded to a newer rig. I guess I could have tried some other kind of AAD but I didnt since I was planning to upgrade soon and preferred a Cypres in the new rig. I advertised some older square canopies on Craigs List and got calls from kids who planned to tow them like manned kites. I told them how dangerous that was and pulled the ads. I told them that a crash was virtually certain. You know how well kids listen, bet they are still going to try it but at least not with anything bought from me.