rustymurray

Naro container

Hi all,I'm looking at buying my first rig at the moment and have been offered a Naro container,the guy said the dom of the container is 2004 but after doing a search here I think the Naro is a far older container,am I right?I spoke to the guy on the phone and he seemed fairly genuine but like myself he is fairly new to the sport so maybe he got the name wrong.I've uploaded a pic of the container in a hope that one of you guys might be able to shed some light on this,thanks.

The ones we have (had) around our DZ were definitely older and not freefly-proof. Not sure when they stopped making them but the pic looks like a naro yes. If it's (very) cheap, why not, but I wouldn't pay too much for it.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

The ones we have (had) around our DZ were definitely older and not freefly-proof. Not sure when they stopped making them but the pic looks like a naro yes. If it's (very) cheap, why not, but I wouldn't pay too much for it.

NARO is a container by PISA. It has alot of velcro and not alot of resale value. Overall you'd be better off buying an older Javelin which there are plenty off around. Of course, if you can get it for dirt cheap and stay on your belly, that would work too. I wouldn't price the Naro at more than $200 USD.

I jump an old (but truly like new) NARO with a big Triathlon main. I only use it for belly flying. Works fine and my rigger has no issues with it. Looks well made but, as others have noted, has a lot of Velcro.

I got what I thought was a great deal: Naro rig, Triathlon 220, Tempo reserve and Cypres 2 (in need of an 8 year check). Rig and main had only 38 jumps. $1000 for all. Talked to my rigger before buying an orphan container and he said go for it. Never regretted the purchase, although the 8 year AAD check, RSL install and 8 Slinks added significantly to the final price.

Still jump it and like it.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Plenty around at our dz, our static line and freefall rigs for students are all Naros

As other people have said they are not freefly friendly. Velcro needs to be in good condition and the reserve packed neatly or the riser covers are continually coming open

If you plan to jump it for a year or 2 and then downsize why not if the price is right and you do fs. Otherwise I would look at other options you could keep longer and use for other disciplines

6 hours ago, riggerrob said:

Call Skydive Calgary at Beiseker, Alberta.

Skydive Calgary has not existed since January 2019. The owners at Skydive Extreme Calgary may have some old Naro parts but don't hold your breath. When the owners of Skydive Calgary vacated Beiseker they took a lot of stuff with them. 

Link to the current operation at Beiseker https://www.skydiveextremecalgary.com/ 

(edited)

Kat, Gus and James Nation are operating Beiseker. The place has a much better vibe now. They've changed the layout inside the building and done a bunch of work updating the DZ. 

Al Christou is now involved with Innisfail and the Innisfail DZ is now know as Alberta Skydive Central. Westlock is pretty much closed but is used occasionally for it's swoop pond. On the rare occasions that it open, they do some tandems there. In effect, the DZs that Al used to operate (Westlock and Beiseker) were closed and he is now managing Innisfail.

From the web: https://www.edmontonskydive.com/alberta-skydive-centers-merge-into-countrys-largest-skydive-center/

The DZ list on DZ.com is horribly inaccurate and I sent a message to admin with the updates some time ago. I am not holding my breath on that getting updated.  Doing a search on Google also sucks because a number of old websites are still active regarding skydiving in Calgary but when the websites open they're actually for Innisfail. Same old game being played by those that have multiple websites and domain names registered.

Edited by IanHarrop
for clarity