Kramer

GTA: San Andreas - BASE Jumping

Okay, I've been playing around with this game all night. It's huge...it would take weeks and weeks to complete this one. The BASE jumping / skydiving thing is pretty cool...I discovered that you can cutaway by pressing R1. Of course, there's no reserve so you just end up falling to your death..:S

This is too much fun. It's all about jumping the jet, it gets to altitude pretty quick.

I've perfected bailing out, tracking, dumping so I get line stretch and a short flare right in front of my house.

you almost have to spot using "GPS" (put the marker on your target) cause they made the smog so thick.

Look at the map, there is a building on the map that is a perfect circle towards the bottom right, it's not very big, go to that circle.

can you scan the map so I an figure out where it is PLEASE ?? :):)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Look at the map, there is a building on the map that is a perfect circle towards the bottom right, it's not very big, go to that circle.

can you scan the map so I an figure out where it is PLEASE ?? :):)

Vid of where to go http://www.edgefiles.com/files/17382.html
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

I don't see a skyscaper at the bottom right of the map... what area exactly is it in? Downtown Los Santos?

I don't know of the building in the bottom right, but I've attached a pic of the map to show the building I've jumped. It's in Downtown Los Santos, southwest of Mulholland Intersection.

Am I the only one who celebrates a successful mission by jumping?

---Nover
(Sad thing is, I've got more jumps in the game than I do for real. And in the game I've got about 10 times the BASE jumps that I do skydives. I checked already........CJ can't do nekkid dives.)

I don't see a skyscaper at the bottom right of the map... what area exactly is it in? Downtown Los Santos?

Look on thats section of the map....you can clearly see '2' big roundish buldings ( white) in downtown Los Santos.......thass where you wanna be

Am I the only one who celebrates a successful mission by jumping?

Nope.....;)
http://www.skydivingmovies.com/...ion=file&id=1795

B|

get up top throw a few grenades and dive through the explosions.... i wish i'd had a capture set up... i had no idea you could actually TRACK!!... :o:o:o

there are a couple of buildings so far i've landed on...

the 'pull your chute' warning seems to depend how far you are above the current 'ground level'.... you can pull pretty low if your over the right spots... to bad there isnt a pool in range for a water landing.... time to go steal a plane and try some extended freeflying...B|

if anyone can figure out a good way to get to the top of the rather large antennea at the south end of San Fierro, please pass it on.

Try using a helicopter. There's a sea sparrow (I think that's what it's called) north of the abandoned air strip. Look for the yellow spot in the in-game map. Be careful though, the heli fits but will take on damage if the blades hit the antenna.

Also, there's a certain something that you get after a certain mission that may also help. That's how I ultimately got there, but it turned out to be somewhat of a pain in the ass.

My first attempt at using the helicopter resulted in not quite getting out on beam and I fell. Unfortunately, I hit one of the beams below and died before I could open the parachute. That's when I decided to use the other thing.

--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

Specifically, it's in Missionary Hill which is in southern San Fierro. In southern SF there's a golf course (Avispa Country Club). It's south of there up the hill.

Or, find Mount Chiliad. Separating Mt. Chiliad and San Fiero is a river. Just north of that is Missionary Hill where the antenna is (on top of the hill).

HTH

Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

Ok, now heres the deal..
Try to find suitable objects to complete your B.A.S.E # in GTA: San Andreas. B is not a problem, you can find them everywhere. A is quite a hassle to get on to it and S is very, very low (with water landing). Can anyone find a suitable exit point for an E? Theres a big mountain on the upper left in the map.. Is it jumpable?

Feet up!
Max