-Scatter-

Wingsuit mod containers for "normal" use

I'm looking to purchase a new container (I'm tall and scrawny) for my first rig, and stuff it with used things. I'm leaving towards Wings.

I'm planning to get into wingsuiting as soon as I have the jumps to do it (hopefully by the end of this season.) Wings offers their wingsuit mods at no charge when ordering new.

I know I'll pick up a "normal" length bridle if I do order it with the mod. Otherwise, is there any downside/danger to having a wingsuit modified rig when its not being used for wingsuiting?

thanks

I know I'll pick up a "normal" length bridle if I do order it with the mod. Otherwise, is there any downside/danger to having a wingsuit modified rig when its not being used for wingsuiting?

None, to include having a longer wingsuit bridle.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I just placed an order for my new Infinity Container. I'm doing the same thing you mentioned, it was ordered with Dynamic Corners and Birdman Bridle. However, I will be jumping it regularly to 200 when I can actually wingsuit. I was told there were no ill-effects doing this.
-Dale

I use mine for every discipline without any problems at all.

.....every discipline? You free flying?:)

To the OP, there are no ill effects and if it is no charge then do it! It might even increase probable resale value down the road when everybody is into wingsuits.:)

I have jumped Mirage with WS-mod about 1000 jumps (about 400 ws), always packing the same way (grommet to pin) and with "wingsuit bridle". I have noticed no problems with this setup whatever I jump.

Vesa

"Fear is the path to the Dark side"
(Master Yoda)

I'm looking to purchase a new container (I'm tall and scrawny) for my first rig, and stuff it with used things. I'm leaving towards Wings.

I'm planning to get into wingsuiting as soon as I have the jumps to do it (hopefully by the end of this season.) Wings offers their wingsuit mods at no charge when ordering new.

thanks

I have noticed none, and I would say that the longer bridle is the most important mod, but you can always get it later.
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

I don't think that really matters.

With all due respect, if it didn't matter, it wouldn't be a recommended modification.

While it is possible to use a normal rig and a normal length bridle with out issue with a wingsuit, there will eventually come a time when the user moves to a suit with a larger wing and subsequent larger burble and or encounters a situation where the PC hesitates while bouncing around behind the jumper.

The longer bridle, like all of the recommended wingsuit modifications, are all done to eliminate as many of the possible variables that may contribute to opening and post opening issues encountered while flying a wingsuit.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

With all due respect, if it didn't matter, it wouldn't be a recommended modification.

Sure, you should know it better. I got a 32" F111 PC on that short bridle. All I got was normal openings.

I got hesitation ones with a Javelin 28" PC, I got it replaced right away and it was not a WS dive.

On the Phantom, I had no hesitations with standard Cazer ZP PC. Moved up to Ghost and then the hesitations started, with more off heading openings as well. Now with the longer bridle, no hesitations and my bag gets extracted cleanly so openings are great.

But what do we know.

YMMV
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity