RkyMtnHigh

So.."they say" you have 6 months left to live...

What would you do with those 6 months?

What is my decision?..well I would make every day count..and feel comfortable that I made the right decisions for ME that day...I would keep Damien in my life..and I would make sure my parents (Linda and Carl)knew how much I love them...as well as my brother(another Carl) and his five kids: Trey, Blake, Cassidy, Cole, and Christian...Aunt Katee Loves you all so much!

The first thing I would do is organizing all my stuff, that my family has no problems, etc when I`m gone. After that I would try to enjoy the rest of my life, to live my dreams, to be with all my friends and my family.
That`s a weird and frightening thought.
Kat

I just got an e-mail from a friend today - she sent an e-mail cuz she couldn't deal with talking about it. She wanted to let all her friends know that her cancer had come back and was now in her lymph nodes. More surgery and chemo for her. She had just grown her hair from the last chemo. It totally sucks but she is handeling it well, I don't know how. Thoughts and prayers to my friend and anyone else in that situation.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

hmmm...interesting thought.

Quit my job and spend the next 6 months doing whatever I've always wanted to do (i.e. white water rafting, scuba dive, etc.). Ensure that I spent some quality time with those that mean something to me. Write a letter to each and every one that I care about (put in an envelope with a stamp on it) to be mailed on the day of my death. Make a video to be played at my funeral/wake. Ensure that those who are close know that I want to be cremated and an ash dive done. Make sure they know who is to do the ash dive. Have a post written to be posted saying bye to those here on DZ.com. Ensure that people know not to morn that I am gone but to celebrate that I was.

hmm...think that's about it.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Who says you have 6 months left? Who says you have tomorrow?

Live today for today, but plan for tomorrow. For all I know is when Ihead to bed in 5 minutes I could be dead tomorrow.

Why do people need to be told their dying in order to truly start living? We are all dying.

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

Kuhl Cora!

My ash dive wishes are already known with my parents..It's over the Gulf of Mexico at Flora Bama on the beach (of course)..or if weather is shit..then Dauphin Island south of Mobile Bay(again..on the beach)...Regardless it's "easy breezy" from Emerald Coast Skydivers and Gold Coast Skydivers to make it "happen"B|

Who says you have 6 months left? Who says you have tomorrow?

Live today for today, but plan for tomorrow. For all I know is when Ihead to bed in 5 minutes I could be dead tomorrow.

Why do people need to be told their dying in order to truly start living? We are all dying.

Joe

Dammit Joe![:/]...just when I thought "age" was more than just a stupid number...I've NEVER been loved so much...:)*slapping myself in the head* Thanks so much for being YOU! You are amazing...I think so..my parents think so..and you are a GIFT! to all who come into contact with you...

Seems to me like it would be a time to take care of unfinished business.

Don't miss an opportunity to tell someone how much you care about them.

Don't waste time/energy hating anyone.

Enjoy life as much as you can. You're in a position to realize just how precious and fragile it really is.

Feel free to do dangerous things: make a BASE jump; climb a mountain; love someone like you really mean it and DO REALLY MEAN IT.

When a cop asks you if you know why he pulled you over, say, "Yeah, because your boss is the kind of shithead that figures you are not doing your job if you don't write 20 tickets a day. I know you're much more than that and whether you write me a ticket or not, I'd like to shake your hand and buy you lunch." He may indeed write the ticket and just might send you to the psycho ward, but seeing the look on his face will probably be worth it.

Get your ass out of bed every day to watch the sunrise. It's ok to sleep late in crappy weather because you won't be able to see the sunrise anyway.

Lookup the teacher you had a crush on and thank them for being a beautiful person.

See if you can make it six months without even once being an asshole. I don't think I could, but maybe you can.

Make a will if you don't already have one.

Apologize to anyone you have treated unfairly.

More than anything else, make peace with yourself, but be aware that it may involve making peace with your enemies too.

Walt

I've got kind of a good story about this. I knew a beautiful woman named Roo Ritchie. Her real name was LaVeda Joe Ritchie, but she picked up the name Roo (as in baby Kangaroo) at Skydive San Antonio, I think.

She was diagnosed with cancer while in high school and the prognosis was not good. She had an incredibly beautiful and supportive family and she asked her aunt what she should do. Her aunt told her to make a list of everything she wanted to do before she died and to start doing those things, marking off each item on the list as she did it.

Roo was a real adventurer. Skydiving was one of the things on her list. She did that--a lot. Eventually, she did everything on her list, so she went back to her aunt and asked what she should do now.

Her aunt's reply was simply, "Make another list!"

Roo lived like that. Watching her live was a beautiful thing. She didn't deserve to die though, godammit. Not Roo.

She died about 5 years ago at the age of 26.

I don't go to funerals, but I went to hers because I wanted to meet the people who brought such a beautiful person into this world, and I must say they were really something. I saw where she got her spirit.

One of the really cool things they did was print up some memorial cards for everyone to take. I laminated a couple of them and carry one in my wallet and one in my logbook.

I"ve attached pictures of the logbook and one of me and Roo. I miss her.

Walt

The first thing I would do is talk to my wife and hold my son. Goodness, I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

I'd get my affairs in order. Fortunately, my family wouldn't have much to worry about financially for the next several years. But I'd have to pass off clients to someone else, deal with the business, taxes, leases, etc.

I'm sure I'd do a lot for me. That would be to spend as much time with my son and wife as possible. Jumping? Golf? Travel? Screw that unless they are there and involved - which they probably would be. We'd all travel. Sure, I'd want to get my "A" completed.

I'd want all the time that heaven would allow me to spend with my family. Hopefully, we'd see each other again in another 50-100 years.

Finally, I'd say goodbye to a lot of people. Leavng a legacy of love is most important to me, and that can only be accomplished through friends and family.

My wife is hotter than your wife.