juggalo

fake posters

For all of you that post with some bogus license or other BS name or experience !!!@#@# off
I post under juggalo and my profile is accurate!!
If you can't then don't post cause you don't count!
brew
waving off is to tell people to get out of my landing area

For all of you that post with some bogus license or other BS name or experience !!!@#@# off

Please explain to me why you feel it is important to post factual information in a profile.

What difference does it make? I can post enough fun facts about skydiving and dropzones in California to prove I am a legitimate skydiver who has been around the block a few times. The proof of knowledge is in my posts, wether you believe a skydiver named Brian Anderson exists or not.

UntamedDOG

I don't think it's about the numbers, rather about the attitude. I feel more inclined to take seriously argumented opinions made by posters with a bogus licence number, but who seem to have an habit of posting interesting messages since a while, who are eager to take a step and consider others' points of views without dismissing them as crap as soon as they disagree, ... than people who are sure they're right in any occasion and have a very thin margin of tolerance.

(I promise, I really don't have a licence #)

Please explain to me why you feel it is important to post factual information in a profile.

What difference does it make? I can post enough fun facts about skydiving and dropzones in California to prove I am a legitimate skydiver who has been around the block a few times. The proof of knowledge is in my posts, wether you believe a skydiver named Brian Anderson exists or not.

UntamedDOG

Super. Some of us are just wondering when you might actually do that.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I post under juggalo and my profile is accurate!!
If you can't then don't post cause you don't count!
brew

Wow...so your parents really named you Juggalo? Did they not like you, or what?

Seriously, though - there have been people on here that have been messed with (to the point of being fired) due to their profile info - I don't blame anyone for not having a full profile filled out, under the circumstances.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'll agree with the original poster as much as it is very simple to enter enough info in you profile to at least appear credible. First name, a home DZ, number of years in sport and licence type would normally do it. I am actually not interested in anyone's licence number.
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

since this topic has been discussed several times you are beating a dead horse

nobody has to fill out his profile, as already mentioned there are various reasons for not providing any personal info like license-numers etc and it doesn't make any difference wether the name in my profile is my real name or my alter ego.

if you don't feel well about this - step back from your computer, take a deep breath or a walk in fresh air or even better – maybe get a real life. after all this is just the internet

edit: i just read some of your recent posts. did someone piss in your cornflakes lately? :S
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Phillykev used to be an awesome contributor to this site. He got submarined by some stalker as I understand it, lost his job, and left our company since then because of info he posted in his ID.

Since then I deleted the last part of my license number and my home dz. I've never been good at keeping track of my jumps. I personally don't give a shit if someone has all their stuff filled in, I can't remeber the last time I checked up on someone. If I want to talk to somebody I send them a PM.

If I doubt someones credibility I call BS out loud, but not solely because of what they have posted in their ID.

--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

People who choose not to provide all of their profile information do so for many different reasons. It is not required for registration.

People who look for that information to determine the poster's credibility have a choice as well - they can choose not to accept the information provided. Believing everything one reads is not required for registration either.

Sometimes a friendly suggestion with an explanation as to why profile information is helpful will result in at least some information placed there for us to know something about the poster. Beating them over the head with the credibility bat never works.

I choose to fill out my profile completely and accurately, but I don't expect people to trust and/or respect me online simply because of my quals and numbers. I don't expect people to do that in person either.

I respect the wishes of others who choose to remain partially or completely anonymous, as long as their doing so is not for malicious purposes such as trolling or stalking or hiding behind an identity to throw PAs at people. Why? Because this is Sangiro's house, and he wants it that way. I am a guest in his house, so I respect his wishes. Life here in the forums for me is MUCH simpler that way. ;)
Arrive Safely

John

Seriously, though - there have been people on here that have been messed with (to the point of being fired) due to their profile info - I don't blame anyone for not having a full profile filled out, under the circumstances.
(quote)

As soon as philykev posted his last post we saw a lot of profiles change for that reason.
And because of actions like what happened to him, this is why I have never put any real info in my profile other then my years in the sport and ratings and maybe the state I reside in.
I have been attacked myself at my place of employment due to a post as well as my other half.
And because people think "I'll show them" and try to get someone fired I can't see taking the risk again to put that info out there, I wish it wasn't that way but their are some fucked up people in the world.

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Most anonymous posters don't do it out of some fear that another poster will get them fired. They do it because they wish to be annoying.

It is the maturity level of 9yo kids who do prank calls.

Generally, their opinions are valueless, sometimes worse. It is just an opportunity to vent some anger. "Look, I said something that I could never say in person."

Eventually, most posters have a couple of experiences with them and then ignore them.

Most anonymous posters don't do it out of some fear that another poster will get them fired. They do it because they wish to be annoying.

It is the maturity level of 9yo kids who do prank calls.

Generally, their opinions are valueless, sometimes worse. It is just an opportunity to vent some anger. "Look, I said something that I could never say in person

and how do you know this?

and how do you know this?

Content. 95% of the anonymous posts are just trolls.
They don't add any actual value to threads, just try to anger the other participants.

I have never understood the mindset of people who find this entertaining. It is the electronic equivalent of prank calling. The ability to anonymously harass others.

Considering that most people come to a skydiving site to talk about the joy of life, it is very sad indeed.

So a person can't question another post unless they reveal all their personal information? That way, you can point out that you have more jumps than they do and discount them out of hand.

Maybe some people are just not interested in playing that game.

Besides, your occupation states you are "Master of the Universe", you won't give a last name and you round up your jump numbers to 1700...guess you are the same as anyone else who doesn't want their personal information revealed to all.

Besides, your occupation states you are "Master of the Universe", you won't give a last name and you round up your jump numbers to 1700...guess you are the same as anyone else who doesn't want their personal information revealed to all.

There's a difference. I don't have my last name on here, either, but I'll introduce myself to anyone on here in person and stand behind anything I've posted.

I've met Bill in person. Not only is he really master of the universe;), I also have a strong belief he'd stand behind his posts 100% as well. People who go totally anonymous and troll for sport are generally unwilling to do that. But we'll never know for sure because they don't ever seem to identify themselves at the DZ.:S

Right, I see your point (and my post was exaggerating to prove a point).
I'm just trying to say that not all anonymous posters are "trolling". Some are legitimate posters posing legitimate questions.
Shouldn't content of the post be the real focus?
(BTW NWflyer: I would love to introduce myself to you at the DZ!)

Ya man- you need to chill out. E-mailing me a b/s e-mail wont help.

Stuff said online is ment to stay online- the second I got a call from USPA about a post I made I learned very quickly that people take stuff out of context, can put words in your mouth, and fry you with anything you say no matter what the case is whether you are right or wrong, or telling the truth or not.

I used to have as accurate a profile as possible, than a few months ago I had to deal with some phonecalls and posts I didnt care for- so it wasnt worth my time.

Like i said, I have 334 jumps, a C lisence and thats more than enough info for anyone to know that my contributions are pointless. I accept that, understad that, and know that.

My opinions, statements and Ideas are WACK. I understand that. I dont know what happens at your DZ.. but every younger jumper and student is warned about DZ.com- all info on here is for entertainment or enjoyment rather than BSR caliber info. I, as well as instructors, and S&Ts tell students stuff online, or outside of a coach/ instructor is info that can kill them, which is very true. If they read something online that they thing maybe valid they are more than encouraged to ask an instructor about it, but by no means should consider it fact just because its typed on some website the media likes too quote.

I have seen some bizzare stuff on here, even from people with complete and potentially "crediable" profiles. Stuff that could kill you in the worst case, or in the best case just give you a cutaway. I've seen people say you can't fly this parachute but you can fly that parachute- even when their logic is all wrong. What ever.. some of the posters have an "impressive' profile too- but regaurdless if the jumper reading the posts too the information as fact from them then we could see an incident come about.

At your DZ you know who has the skills in what- you see them rig reserves, you see them turn canopies, you see them teach FJCs- but on here you see characters, and thats all they are- are characters. Sure there are people on here we can trust- but only a fool takes information from someone and believes it true even though they have never met them- or at least knows where they stand on the food chain.

Do me a favor, stop e-mailing me, stop brining up old threads I have posted in, and let go of the fact that I dont care too have a full profile. If it bothers you soo much than please dont let me be the source of what ever health condition this will bring upon you from stressing out over it so much.

Young jumpers- and old jumpers a like need to check any new information with somene crediable too them before attempting anything new.

I get called out for asking "a million questions a day" to skydivers.. but at the end of the night I know some facts- much more than what I take off of the website. Some times DZ.com has been inline with the facts- other times I am glad I asked somone I trusted before performing X.