tkhayes

John O'Donnell - Z-Hills local killed in accident

Sad to report that one of our local jumpers, John O'Donnell was killed last night while rollerblading near his home in Oldsmar/Clearwater area.
According to the news he was crossing a busy road/ntersection and was struck by an off-duty police officer, and died later in hospital - no charges are to be laid according to the story.

Blue Skies John - he was really a nice guy and up and coming videographer with lots of talent.

We are planning a memorial on Friday here at the DZ, no time set yet

TK

This is horrible. John was a very nice person and a great skydiver/videographer. His MCR photo was published in this months issue of Parachutists. The skydiving community has lost a great friend and skydiver.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Vinny Just called to let me know.

I cannot believe it!

I will miss joking around with him! :(

He was a GREAT GUY!

He will be greatly missed around the hills. :(

Just one more reason to enjoy everyday you are here and make the most of it.

Blue Skies John!

Keith (KRAMER!)

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

Thats messed up. Didn't another jumper get hit by a car near there in the last year or two? One of the Aerodyne guys maybe?

was struck by an off-duty police officer, and died later in hospital - no charges are to be laid according to the story.

You know if that guy was on-duty, and responding to the scene, he'd have the driver cuffed and in the back of the cruiser in no time.

I've started writing this ten times and can't figure out what to say. I'm gonna miss you John, the skydiving, the convos around the fire, the drinks at Janine's and the bar, your excitement at getting upside down, your love for the sport and your big smile no matter what life was throwing your way. I'm sad for me, I'm sad for everyone else who loved you. May your next place be filled with puffy clouds, down wind landings and folks who care about you as much as we do.
Blue skys my friend.
Willy Wonka: We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Thats messed up. Didn't another jumper get hit by a car near there in the last year or two? One of the Aerodyne guys maybe?

Ian Bellis (RIP) was killed at an intersection in Tampa by someone rushing to the hospital to see a sick family member. That was in 2003. :(

I didn't know John very well but it is sad to hear.
Dom

OMG, NO. That is just so messed up. I had really enjoyed getting to know John over the past few months on trips down. What a great guy and so much fun to be around...even if he was crazy. Wait, he said I was. Anyway, I'm so going to miss you John. Blue skies my friend.

Any info on a service?

Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

mich called to give me the news this morning. that's so terribly fucked up. :( john and lady have been around zhills forever, it seems. my heart goes out to everyone at zhills. hard to believe we've lost another friend. what's gonna happen to lady?

guess i'll be seeing you guys again this weekend for another memorial. john, i'll miss you, bro.

with love...and i'll cya on the flipside, asshole. :(

fyi: there's a pic of john during the halloween boogie on the skydivecity website gallery. he's dressed in while religious garb standing with hans, bickner as a milk carton(happythoughts) and vinny as the viking(anvil).

http://www.skydivecity.com/phpgallery/photo.php?id=149

There will be a memorial service Saturday morning at 11:00 at Skydive City.

John's organs are being donated as I type this.
I am sure a skydive will be organized. Janine has John's gear so we can take it on a jump in his honor.:(
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!