Sen.Blutarsky

Russians Commandeer Battleship USS Missouri Photo

I realize the Russian navy is hurting for ships these days but you would think that they’d at least have some photos of their former ships laying around somewhere …

Russians Perplexed By Military Day Billboards Featuring US Battleship
Created: 22.02.2006 15:13 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 15:13 MSK

MosNews

Ahead of the Defender of the Motherland Day, celebrated in Russia on Feb. 23, Moscow streets have been decorated with patriotic festive banners containing a picture of the famous American battleship the Missouri, local media reported.

Although it was evidently a mistake of a picture editor, Russian officers are angered. “They were going to offend us, were not they?” a captain Vladimir Zakharov said in an interview with Moskovsky Komsomolets daily. “We do not have our own arms any more, they say, look at the foreigners’ one! Not so bad congratulation!”

Source: http://www.mosnews.com/news/2006/02/22/battleshipmistake.shtml

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

I have a flag at home that my dad and I got to raise up the mast on the Missouri. It really is an incredible ship...it just isn't Russian.:D

Thank goodness I visited the ship before the Russians appropriated it, all this while I’d believed it would be Japanese tourists who would eventually take over. _Very_ cool that you got to raise an American flag on her when she was still ours. ;)

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!