Kid_Icarus

Ice Dancing and Curling...... come on....

Are you kidding me.... it's retarded. If they are going to include dumb sports... why not ballroom dancing and bowling for the summer olympics....

Think about it......

My vote is for ultimate fighting.... both in snow and in the grass.... to accommodate both olympic seasons

Curling is a team skill event..

and Ice dancing... well its still a sport.. if you do not think so.. go try it... wear LOTS of pads though you are going to be spending a LOT of time kissing the ICE

Think about Biathalon.. skiing and shooting.. a martial event

In the Summer Olympics there is sailing( which I love) but man why is it there... and equestrian events.. the horses are athletic but it harks back to a time when more "gentlemanly" pursuits were added to the Olympics rather than pure athletics such as running, swimming and strength events.

AND THE CURLING GIRLS ARE HOTTT

that completely depends on the team, I watched the brits and the US girls and there was a broad band of cute to hideous in that mix

(oops, this is bonfire)

but I'm sure they all had nice personalities

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

yeah... but i can have sex with girls better than he can... what's your point... I'm not saying it's not difficult, it just doesn't belong at the olympics.... look back to my counter points for summer versions of the same thing. Would you accept ballroom dancing as an olympic sport?? I think not.

Would you accept ballroom dancing as an olympic sport??

Ah, but what about ballroom dancing on ball bearings?

It would be a little more comparable to an icy surface, and I'd fully support it. >:(

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

But just because us american slobs don't percieve ballroom dancing as a sport doesn't mean that it isn't celebrated in a majority of other countries involved in the olympics.

Thats the kind of arrogance that makes people yell 'WE'RE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD' after the superbowl.

I bet loads of countries that participate in the olympics think that american football is RETARDED. (Don't get me wrong, I'm in the big 10, I love football)

I'm just bein' a troll dude
--- and give them wings so they may fly free forever

DiverDriver in Training

But just because us american slobs don't percieve ballroom dancing as a sport doesn't mean that it isn't celebrated in a majority of other countries involved in the olympics.

You don't think this conversation of "ball room dancing sucks" isn't going on right now in 50 other counties in the world? Right now? People aren't that different. It's cool if you're into it. Stupid if you're not. Skydivers should especially be sympathetic to that.

I don't like bobsledding. The idea of going real fast is fun to think on and I'd like to try it, but it's a pretty specialized sport that the host countries have to build an entirely special construction just to do. It's nuts, add 3 more sports to the winter olympics with the $$$ saved.

I'd rail on snowboarding, but can't, they had to add a couple new sports so the US can get their medal counts up. And at least a ton of spectators can relate to it. Nevermind, I can't rail on snowboarding, skiing, skating based on that.

I'd like to see the sports turned around in seasons. Shotput on ice and swimming in ice water in the winter. Ski jump onto gravel and curling on the beach in the summer. (women's bikini volleyball in near freezing temperatures???) Make it more interesting and give the EMTs more work as well.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Oh and the riveting action of the shotput!

And shooting.

we could give sticks and pads to the short track ice skaters and then cancel hockey too - just a lot of skating back and forth and no scoring

I watched ice dancing night before last and all the falls that occured and the childish reaction of that Italian drama queen:D as a result, certainly livened up an otherwise ho hum event.

I actually loved the ice dancing event for the first time this Olympics. I used to think these competitors were just the fall out from those figure skaters who couldn't cut it. :P If you study it, though, it is quite an athletic event with balance and endurance way beyond what is viewed on the surface.

Oh, and yes....the Italian pair. I think they pulled that attitude just to bring more intensity to their next dance. It was perfectly mesmerizing to watch. Best artistic performance of the night. Their interpretation of the "Prince of Egypt" had you right there in the story line (and emotion) with them.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Look, I'm sick of people knowckign curling. It's an awesome sport.

It's like, "Oooh. People jump out of airplanes. That's a sport?"

I've never tried curling, but I've watched 4 matches on television (damn, Cassie Johnson is HOT).

My wife is hotter than your wife.

wow all that from a Phd!!! how scathing ouch that hurt! call the ambulance....

oh here it comes whaaawhaawhaawhaa

hehehehehe

John you crack me up!

I owe you a few beers for that one!
thanks for all the laughter!:)

Bass or Guinness, please.B|

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Too bad you do not get CBC ( Canadian Brodcasting Corp) out of Vancouver BC..... you could SOOOO OD on Curling.. and Hockey....EH

and its not just during the Olympics.... DUDE... its on right now Russia V USA... highlights.

Now its back to Canada V Chech Republic.. Broduer just mad e a spectacular save.

Now for a PJ moment........knowckign knocking