RkyMtnHigh

Spider Bite

and that one isnt even infected.:S eeewwwww...

There's a database on that site with lots of pictures and stories, including the fatalities.

The picture you see when you go to the link is nothing compared to some of the rest.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I picked at it with a tweezer to get the icky stuff out of the middle and the black dot or potential stinger out of both spots..regardless I'll make a stop by the ED in the morning and report back.

You know this could really ruin your night. You've asked everybody what they think you should do and every last one of them is pleading with you to go to the ER immediately.

Are you feeling embarrassed that you might be some kind of a nuisance, or that they might think you're a hypochondriac ? I can understand why you might feel that way, but that's the wrong way to look at these things.

Call a good friend who's tough enough to come over and DRAG you to the ER. Bring a good book if it helps you feel better. Now get goin' !

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I picked at it with a tweezer to get the icky stuff out of the middle and the black dot or potential stinger out of both spots..regardless I'll make a stop by the ED in the morning and report back.

You know this could really ruin your night. You've asked everybody what they think you should do and every last one of them is pleading with you to go to the ER immediately.

Are you feeling embarrassed that you might be some kind of a nuisance, or that they might think you're a hypochondriac ? I can understand why you might feel that way, but that's the wrong way to look at these things.

Call a good friend who's tough enough to come over and DRAG you to the ER. Bring a good book if it helps you feel better. Now get goin' !

I completely agree... go now, don't wait for tomorrow.
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

You're right. I am afraid of going to the ED and being the nuisance hypochondriac. Unfortunately I hear about those cases all the time and don't want to be one of them...especially if it ends up being that I'm just having an allergic reaction to fire ants.

You are much less of a nuisance going in now with an allergic reaction to fire ants than you would be going in tomorrow with a badly infected recluse bite. As someone who has works in ed's a lot in the past, that's what they are there for, go ahead and go give them a visit now.
Miami

You're right. I am afraid of going to the ED and being the nuisance hypochondriac. Unfortunately I hear about those cases all the time and don't want to be one of them...especially if it ends up being that I'm just having an allergic reaction to fire ants.

So? Go now. They'll be able to tell you very quickly if it's not a brown recluse. Then you can come back in the morning when they're not busy.

Fire ant bites don't turn black in the middle, they develop a white 'pimple'. It's definitely a spider bite and odds are it's a brown recluse. You aren't being a nuisance hypochondriac, if you were you wouldn't have everyone here telling you the same thing. The longer you wait the worse it could get....
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

look, Im the same way. when I finally got to the ER they freaked. and the doc made it a point to pull me aside and explain how serious this was. and what his options were if the shots didnt do anything for me.

and that was amputation.:|

My husband was bit on the inner thigh by a Hobo Spider, relative of the brown recluse...it became so painful within 2 days that he could barely walk.

That sounds like what his looked like. It can do permanent damage and scarring if not treated immediately. The venom kills all of the flesh and works deeper. It's naty sh*t. You need to get seen as soon as you can.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.