RkyMtnHigh

Spider Bite

She's going to be ok ! Yay ! Docs think it's a reaction to fire ant bite. :)

Where did this info come from?

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Man what a wuss to make such a big deal of a little ole' ant bite!!!

:D

;)

-Hey, as a serious side note though, ant bites don't have a black dot in the middle, and many doctors are quite CLUELESS to spider bites. Just tell her to keep watching it. :S
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Yup she knows to keep watching, we talked about it.

I actually told her that is was probally ant bites because she had more than just the two bites.

Also some people have worse reactions to fire ant bites that the norm. She could be one of them. And poison spiders actually work faster then what she was describeing as progression of these.

"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Where did this info come from?

Ten bucks says he called her and asked.

rl

If he has the time and it is his business then, oh well. If not then, oh well. Doesn't effect my pay check one bit.

And poison spiders actually work faster then what she was describeing as progression of these.

not true, ant bites usually work faster, a brow recluse bite is different in many cases, but what she described wasnt an ant bite, it is more like a recluse bite.

You're a dork:P

Yes Jeff is a dork:P:D

Okay..now for the verdict. I went to the ED this morning, after three hours of waiting around...the nurse and doc checked out the wound and said that it is their opinion that it's an allergic reaction to fire ant bites and that I get a tetnus (sp?) shot and a script for antibiotics. He said that the appearance will last approx 3 wks and to expect scars, keep it clean and covered if possible and keep an eye on the infection spreading if I see streaking or increased redness/inflammation.

And poison spiders actually work faster then what she was describeing as progression of these.

not true, ant bites usually work faster, a brow recluse bite is different in many cases, but what she described wasnt an ant bite, it is more like a recluse bite.

The research I did said different. Not that I'm saying your wrong, it could be the info I got could be wrong.

If he has the time and it is his business then, oh well. If not then, oh well. Doesn't effect my pay check one bit.

I take it that means you're not a betting man?

rl

Not usually.

Jeeesh!!! K. WTF, the other day I poped in for a min and read if you had 6 months????? I was like whooo.

Now I just read this whole thred like a soap and, well your O.K. Spider bites suck, I got bit by a brown recluse once and Man (WOMAN) That ain't no shit. very quick swelling with in a couple days and some pain. Not the kinda thing you want to be digging at or waiting around for a few more days to go see the butcher. cuz they will dig into you for a few with that cold spray crap that don't do anything for pain.

DON'T PLAY WITH IT. GLAD YOUR AHIEGHT.

I'm very glad to hear it wasn't a spider bite, those things scare me... thanks for the great news.. :)

I'm relieved too, but it really made me feel like a hypochondriac when the doc told me what it is.

'tis better to see the doc and feel like a hypochondriac than to try to tough it out and possibly lose a foot... A possible spider bite (especially with the critters we have down here in Florida) is nothing to fool around with...
Hell, I try my best to avoid going to see a doctor but there are somethings I just won't take any chances with and that's one of them.
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

ATTENTION GRABBER!;)

THAT statement coming from YOU is freaking hilarious!!!!:D:D:ph34r::ph34r::P;)

Yeah -

I know - but get over it -

smile - it makes you pretty.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

ATTENTION GRABBER!;)

THAT statement coming from YOU is freaking hilarious!!!!:D:D:ph34r::ph34r::P;)

Yeah -

I know - but get over it -

smile - it makes you pretty.

You are such a smartass!:P:ph34r:but I suppose some things just don't change with some people:ph34r:. You and your SO coming to Dublin?

Where is my tin hat?:P

Jesus H christ. :) you wasted an entire day of my worry about a recluse spider and it turns out to be fire ants?!?!>:(

Someone owes me a beer....:P

:([:/]

Just glad to hear it's not bad. Keep a close eye on it. OK?
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

Okay..now for the verdict. I went to the ED this morning, after three hours of waiting around...the nurse and doc checked out the wound and said that it is their opinion that it's an allergic reaction to fire ant bites

I was bit by a brown recluse spider on my lower calf. It wasn't as bad as some of the pictures I've seen on the net but it was pretty ugly. It was the size of a dime, very black in the center. It took over a month of heal, it left a scar half the size of a dime. It took over two month to heal. It's still quite dark though, the scar which is left.