RkyMtnHigh

Spider Bite

Does anyone know what one looks like? and how to treat one?

I was dorking around in the woods at Sebastian this past weekend trying to retrieve a cutaway and thought I was biten by fire ants. My PharmD coworker looked at the wound and said that based on the swelling, redness (inflammation), and black spot in the center that it looked like a spider bite. I'm on day 4 and there are two semetrical spots/bites...they aren't getting worse but they aren't healing either.

go to the ER right away...

no shit, I almost lost a leg on the evening of day four from a brown recluse bite I thought was an ant bite.

when i got to the ER I didnt have to even filll out paper work "and I walked in" there was doctors everywhere in seconds.

if there is a red line shooting from the spot in the center, you dont have long to get to the ER. so dont let it get to that point.

Does anyone know what one looks like? and how to treat one?

I was dorking around in the woods at Sebastian this past weekend trying to retrieve a cutaway and thought I was biten by fire ants. My PharmD coworker looked at the wound and said that based on the swelling, redness (inflammation), and black spot in the center that it looked like a spider bite. I'm on day 4 and there are two semetrical spots/bites...they aren't getting worse but they aren't healing either.

There are a number of spiders that can and will bite, that sounds like a spider bite rather than an ant. I'd suggest going to the ER and have it checked out especially if there's a chance it's from a brown recluse (which do live in Florida).
Does the bite look like this? http://mdchoice.com/photo/img/img0043.jpg
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

I got bit by an an uknown type spider at work about two years ago. Believe me and others get to the ER and have it checked out. I had a case of MRSA from it ( drug resistant staph infection). Fortunately the bite was excised and Levoquin cleared up the staph infection but the leg that it happened on had muscle pain for almost six months afterwards.

Chris

Hey girl.....sounds like a recluse bite.....I had one and it ain't fun. I almost died, but I am EXTREMELY allergic to stuff, (epi pin) I get huge welts just from ant bites and mosquito bites. GO GET IT CHECKED!!!!!!!!!

Peace chica!!!!!!

till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates....
In skydiving, the only thing that stops you is the ground..............
PMS# 472 Muff #3863 TPM#95

Circular inflammed redness around the bites but no streaking

thats what a recluse bite is. and if it starts speading, it does it fast. like in less than 1 hour. if the infection gets to your heart, your dead. if the antivenom and anti biotics dont stop the infection, they amputate... get my drift?

go to the doc. it happens all of a sudden if it happens..

It doesnt seem serious to you now, but if you go to the ER I think your going to be VERY suprized at how serious they take it...

ever been to the ER and just pass up the waiting room and have a doctor in your room waiting for you with a shot?

Everyone else has said exactly what I'm going to say: Get thee to the emergency room.

Don't wait. Go now. Right now.

If you have never seen what this can turn into...

Go here:

http://www.highway60.com/mark/brs/default.htm

But first go to the ER.

Please.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I took a digital pic but it doesn't show the detail/characteristics of the lesion.

do me a favor. at least pick up the phone and call the ER and explain it to them and ask if they think it can wait till tomorow..

I did this, and the next thing i knew, I was on a high performance motercycle doing 130 mph down the highway to the ER... still not sure which was more dangerous.:P

I call on ED docs at hospitals every day so when I'm at my appt tomorrow morning, I'll show my ankle and ask them what they think. I'll report back what the heck this is...I'm curious myself.

Keep us posted but that sounds like a brown recluse bite... over a period of time (and you'd be surprised at how short a time it takes) it will literally eat/rot your flesh away. Please don't put this off too long, the consequences could be extremely serious.... [:/]
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

I call on ED docs at hospitals every day so when I'm at my appt tomorrow morning, I'll show my ankle and ask them what they think. I'll report back what the heck this is...I'm curious myself.

Keep us posted but that sounds like a brown recluse bite... over a period of time (and you'd be surprised at how short a time it takes) it will literally eat/rot your flesh away. Please don't put this off too long, the consequences could be extremely serious.... [:/]

I will have to second this, I went 4 days where it seemed like it was healing with really not much advancment in the healing. just was kinda there, then litterally within 1 hours period of time, there was an infection running up past my waist, the bite was near my ankle.

Erm... what do Erectile Dysfunction MDs have to do w/spider bites?
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Erm... what do Erectile Dysfunction MDs have to do w/spider bites?

No dilly! ED=Emergency Department. They HATE being referred to as Emergency Room or ER. I've been calling on them for about 10 yrs so I've heard the complaint for awhile now.;)