gofastrlbrown

Reflex

We sold our business to Ray Farrell @ Action Air in 2001. We closed our doors, as did some others due to the stagnent state of the skydiving market in the late 90's. Being a relativly new start up we did not possess the operating capital to sustain ourselves through the market low. That's about it, a business decision pure and simple.

There was no "husband and wife" fatalitiy as mentioned in your post. We were sued by the widow of a close friend of ours who died after a line snagged a grommet on his main container. This had no bearing on our decision to sell our business, granted it did not help. The decision was made because of market factors.

So, to put to to rest any rumors that we were "sued out of business", it just isn't so. I know, because I was there and was one of the defendants in the suit.

Hope this clears up any falsehoods circulating out there.

Mick Cottle (former) VP Engineering, Fliteline Systems,Inc.

Nobody 'won' if that's what you're asking. Fliteline was disolved so there was nothing to gain there. We successfully defended our selves against personal asset seizure when the courts said there was no merit to that part of the suit. That ended up costing us a small fortune to defend. In the end the only thing the lawsuit accomplished was to fracture the local jumping community and alienate some of the people involved. It still didn't bring James back or make the world a better place. All litigants involved have scince 'burried the hatchet' and moved on with their lives.

Mick.

Oh, I have a purple Quasar that makes me look like Barney the Skydiving Dinosaur and I like it just fine. I actually have people stop me to tell me how ugly my Reflex is. It's the combination of the colors. It was probably cool in the 90's. I wouldn't know, I wasn't cool in the 90's. :ph34r:

Nonetheless, I love my Reflex, I just hate whoever ordered it in those colors.

They are awesome rigs. A bit hard to find parts for if you lose your free bag, etc, but comfortable and well made. I bought one as a second rig and everyone who jumps it loves it. (Except for the colors, what the hell were you guys thinking, Mick? Maroon, bright blue, and purple???);)

Fashion, like love is purly subjective, it's in the eye of the beholder. That being said we had to build some butt ugly rigs for our customers. We built some really nice ones too. I started experimenting with checker board and diagonal offset patterns for a while, there are still a few out there still in use. They look pretty cool but were very labor intensive to build, although I did enjoy the creativity involved in making them.

Mick.