namgrunt

Hottest female jumper at your DZ

Holy shit shampoo! Over 800 jumps in 3 yrs? I have about one-fitty in the same time. Having a spouse and kids makes a wee bit o' a difference...:P

Please go write "I will not hijack threads." 100 times on a sheet of notebook paper!:P

No, PLEASE hijack this thread, Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!

Walt

that was really disturbing...

...but it was infinitely more disturbing to see in person :D

I just started to regain vision recently.

I just threw up in my mouth...i can't tell you how sorry i am that you had to endure that.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

This is not philosophy, it's art appreciation--the art inherent in the human form. It's the difference between seeing an incredibly beautiful face on the street and saying "Wow!" and seeing the incredibly familiar and much-loved face of a friend and letting out a pent-up breath because you suddenly feel safe and comfortable.

If you just accept the words as they are customarily defined, you'll have a lot less trouble with this.

rl

[rant]
Screw that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So is "HOT". Fuck, I've really started to hate that word in this context.

Anyone who defines beauty or "hotness" as narrowly as those who come up with those dumbass "HOT" lists, are somewhat blind, in my opinion.

You want art appreciation? I have attached pics of two paintings that hang in my bedroom. I have never seen the young woman who inspired the blue portrait, but the red portrait is of a woman who was my SO for several years. I commissioned that painting from a Latvian artist.

My ex-SO will probably never be considered for inclusion on one of those lists, but she was *always* hot to me. Many guys would not give her a second glance, but if you look at that portrait, it's difficult to not be captivated by it. How can any woman who inspires a portrait like that not be considered beautiful or hot?

The answer, IMO, does not lie in what people see, it lies in what they *don't* see. I honestly don't know whether I just see women differently or whether I just care more about what I see, but I see beauty in all women.

And if everyone in the world disagrees with me on who I consider to be hot, that's too fucking bad.
[/rant]

Walt

Screw that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So is "HOT". Fuck, I've really started to hate that word in this context.

That says it all right there... everyone has their own personal preferences, what one person may think is 'hot' may only be luke warm to the next... I know what I consider attractive, Walt knows what he likes... our tastes may not be the same but to each his/her own...
Yes, even those big women you see at Walmart are considered 'hot' by some people...
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

I loved the pictures my daughter brought home from school, but they weren't art, as we define art.

I'm no longer sure what the argument is about. You seem to have this point you want to make, but it still has nothing to do with the topic, as constituted.

You will recall that this whole to-do began, Walt, because I said that threads like these are a bad idea--someone always ends up with their feelings hurt. (This was in a PM, which is why no one will remember reading the latter part of that statement.)

I haven't changed my mind about that, because most people do not understand "hot" by your definition, and this is not a discussion about "beauty." It is a discussion about eye candy. But you wanted the thread to be okay, and your argument for that is that all women are beautiful.

But it's not the point, and it's still not what the thread is about.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Holy shit shampoo! Over 800 jumps in 3 yrs? I have about one-fitty in the same time. Having a spouse and kids makes a wee bit o' a difference...:P

Please go write "I will not hijack threads." 100 times on a sheet of notebook paper!:P

That was pretty blatant, wasn't it? :D

Hell, i figured that was the pic wingnut was looking for

if i was still moving i would say yes... but since i'm not moving down to goergia and not going to be jumping at thier dz then no......

i do have to say this though... that is the best picture i've ever seen of kelly... i wonder how in the world she stood still for some one to take it and why she didn't have her hands over her face....

Wow, so you're now you're attempting to tell someone what they can and can't think of what beautiful or hot is? :S:S:S

No, Sarah, that's not what I'm doing.

The unfortunate part of all this is that Walt and I had most of this discussion in PMs.

My point at the outset was a post I made early in the thread to which Walt responded by PM. I don't like threads like these because they end up hurting someone's feelings.

Walt did not agree, and he took the position that...well...the position that he took.

But his position requires redefining words as they are customarily used, as well as redefining the topic of the thread.

My point remains that threads like this have too much potential for hurt. Walt's point remains that for him "hot" and "beautiful" are interchangeable.

Other than that, I don't really feel like rehashing the discussion we had, but it had nothing to do with me telling Walt what he can and cannot think.

Take up your cudgel elsewhere, okay, because I'm really fucking exasperated with this discussion.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Hottest female jumper at your DZ

-The one that's menopausal and having hot flashes? :|

Or the one using one of those heat-y stick-y pads on the outside of the undies to relieve cramps? Those are my best guesses. 'Cuz all the rest of us are friggin' COLD in these sub-temps, man! :|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.