novacaine

Another Cypres Question!

So I purchased a used Cpres1 (DOM 10/00) and just recieved it today, for my first rig!!!
So I called up the rigger, to ask if he could ship it to SSK for me (as I have no idea where to start).
The rigger asked if the Cypres came in the original box. I answered no, and he told me that SSK will not except the unit unless it is shipped in the box.
Is the rigger just blowing smoke up my ass, or is what he said correct?
Thanks everyone!!

So I purchased a used Cpres1 (DOM 10/00) and just recieved it today, for my first rig!!!
So I called up the rigger, to ask if he could ship it to SSK for me (as I have no idea where to start).
The rigger asked if the Cypres came in the original box. I answered no, and he told me that SSK will not except the unit unless it is shipped in the box.
Is the rigger just blowing smoke up my ass, or is what he said correct?
Thanks everyone!!

that BS. I have shipped lots of Cypreses to SSK without using the original box. I did make sure they were in an anti-static bag and were padded well. I would say use 2inches of padding on each side and make sure it's a BOX not an ENVELOPE and it won't be a problem. I know it worked for me.

and Bigway - most jumpers don't hang on to their boxes, it's the riggers who do :) Just my experience

PPS if you are not a complete moron and all you need is a cypres service and batts, then save yourself the trouble.

Fill out their form :
https://www.cypresusa.com/service_form.asp

and box the damn thing well and ship it to them. It's a breeze.

once it comes back just give it to your rigger. I know some don't charge for doing this, so he/she may actually appreciate you doing the legwork.

good luck either way

It seems strange that an experienced rigger would hold such a belief. Maybe he was told that at some time, never questioned it, and has always used SSK boxes. Then again, maybe he is screwing with you. He didn't offer to sell you a box, did he ??;)

The SSK website has all the info you need. Reading it will also give you a lot of insight into why it is a good idea to have electronic safety equipment like this bench tested. Another brand of AAD relies on a possibly faulty unit testing itself and telling you when it's not working right. Ever since the HAL 9000, I've thought that was a bad idea.[:/]

Kevin