Buffdiver

What to do after college?

Hey yall.
so im still relatively new to the sport. 41 jumps (A licence). Here is the problem... Im graduating college with a business degree in about 2 months and i have a bit of a problem. I have no idea what I want to do and all i can think about (besides my next exam and graduating) is skydiving. I plan on spending the summer having fun and enjoying my new found love... but where do I go from there? any tips on life ecperience in similar situations would be appreciated.

Take a couple of years off and travel the world. See if you can hit every known DZ, while you're at it.
DZ.com Gems:
1) In a two-out situation, anything you do or don't do can make the situation better or worse.
2) Remember: high performance canopies can give you not only high performance openings, bu

Join the military, Coast Guard, Peace Corp, Foreign Service, etc. Become a cop, a teacher, go on to grad school, look at law deegrees, pharmaceutical sales, take flying lessons, visit a rig manufacturer, see Alaska, check out the Isles of Bahia off the coast of Honduras, 1-800 truckdrivertraining, So much to do, so little time.

Enjoy it.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Join the military, Coast Guard, Peace Corp, Foreign Service, etc.

Great idea. Most of these are arenas where you end up getting more responsibility for something real sooner than in a corporate job. That's cool.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The sky will always be there for you, so being able to pay to get up there and play needs to be your priority. Tough, I know... not long after I started jumping, my work sch. increased to 6 days a week, very tough to make that decision knowing it would cut into my jump time, but keeping bills paid takes priority.

The other suggestions here were great, you don't need me repeating them.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I plan on spending the summer having fun and enjoying my new found love... but where do I go from there?

I'd spend the summer jumping different DZs to see where I'd want to live then either start a business or get a job near that area.

But it's not like you have to plan out your life all at once.

Hey yall.
so im still relatively new to the sport. 41 jumps (A licence). Here is the problem... Im graduating college with a business degree in about 2 months and i have a bit of a problem. I have no idea what I want to do and all i can think about (besides my next exam and graduating) is skydiving. I plan on spending the summer having fun and enjoying my new found love... but where do I go from there? any tips on life ecperience in similar situations would be appreciated.

Become a professional student. Eventually you will get a Phd, and become a professor. You will get tenure (provided you publish a lot at first) and then you will never be expected to be accountable again in your life.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

m graduating college with a business degree in about 2 months and i have a bit of a problem. I have no idea what I want to do

Well, now I know that you really are graduating. Welcome to the world, where decisions like this will become the norm.

I have a philosophy in life - "Pay now or pay later." For most people, the harder you work now, the easier you'll have it. If you play now, you'll be catching up later.

I haven't skydived since May, 2003. Dang, going on three years. But it's okay. I've been told by many, "The sky will always be there." Right now I've got a few too many responsibilities to take care of for which skydiving is incompatible.

Find a balance. Go to school or get a job. Do what you can for fun on your days off, but bear in mind that this sport can eat you alive financially (remember what I said about responsibility? Yeah, I got those credit cards paid off by Fall, 2004).

You gotta make money to be in this sport. It's that simple, so you better find something to support it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

m graduating college with a business degree in about 2 months and i have a bit of a problem. I have no idea what I want to do

Well, now I know that you really are graduating. Welcome to the world, where decisions like this will become the norm.

I have a philosophy in life - "Pay now or pay later." For most people, the harder you work now, the easier you'll have it. If you play now, you'll be catching up later.

I haven't skydived since May, 2003. Dang, going on three years. But it's okay. I've been told by many, "The sky will always be there." Right now I've got a few too many responsibilities to take care of for which skydiving is incompatible.

Find a balance. Go to school or get a job. Do what you can for fun on your days off, but bear in mind that this sport can eat you alive financially (remember what I said about responsibility? Yeah, I got those credit cards paid off by Fall, 2004).

You gotta make money to be in this sport. It's that simple, so you better find something to support it.

Hey you, yeah you, the voice of reason in the corner. Shut up, and get back in your box.

Become a professional student. Eventually you will get a Phd, and become a professor. You will get tenure (provided you publish a lot at first) and then you will never be expected to be accountable again in your life.

I second that! Academic careers are awesome!
And make sure you go to a grad school that has a good skydiving club which pays for some of your jumping...

my vote: get a legit job to support your skydiving habit & then balance your weekends/time off with starting a career (typically through the week). worked out pretty well for me....

GOOD LUCK!
~hollywood

see the world! http://gorocketdog.blogspot.com